Google Voice app, by google?

Megarain

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
With the acceptance(re-acceptance?) of GV mobile, what do we think the odds of a Google developed coming to the app store? Sorry for the short post, my brain is running on fumes.

winstonterr

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I've been using Google Voice for a little while now, and since it's VOIP-based, I've been wondering if/when they will release an app for making calls directly from a desktop PC app and/or iPod Touch. It would be really nice to be able to place calls from either, but in doing some online searching, it sounds like they haven't released such an app yet. Does anyone know if one is in the works?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i think due to a large number of apple google related lawsuites against each other that google wont be writing there own google voice app for iphone/ipad anytime soon it would kinda be like a slap in the face to apple and at the moment (although it wouldnt be practicle or make much business sense ) if jobs gave the order apple could buy out google with 100 billion left in the bank

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I've been using Google Voice for a little while now, and since it's VOIP-based, I've been wondering if/when they will release an app for making calls directly from a desktop PC app and/or iPod Touch. It would be really nice to be able to place calls from either, but in doing some online searching, it sounds like they haven't released such an app yet. Does anyone know if one is in the works?

Google Voice is not a VOIP client. Every GV call you make uses phone minutes. You can't make calls directly from a pc or something like an iPod Touch. You can only make calls with a phone.

You can initiate the call on your pc or iPT - but it goes through the phone.