Hi all. New to the site/community, and a new 4 owner.

I'm looking for an alarm app that runs in the background and will wake me at my scheduled time, even if the phone is in silent.

More importantly, it has a separate volume control for the alarm so I don't have to turn my phone volume up before I go to bed each night in order to be awoken.

Also has snooze. Preferably customizable snooze time, but that's really not a huge deal.

Any app suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    09-14-2010 09:36 AM
    The only one that will run in the background is the clock app that came on the phone. And yes the volume will need to be up but the silence button can be on vibrate and the phone will still sound the alarm.
    09-14-2010 10:52 AM
    The only one that will run in the background is the clock app that came on the phone. And yes the volume will need to be up but the silence button can be on vibrate and the phone will still sound the alarm.
    To clarify, the phone can be on mute and it will still sound an audible alarm?
    09-14-2010 11:23 AM
    Yes. I use it all the time. Before I go to bed I just turn my phone on silent using little switch on the side, that way I don't hear all the dings from emails, text message, IM's. But Alarm sound DOES play when it comes wake up time at 5:30am.
    09-14-2010 11:38 AM
    Interesting. Thanks for clarifying that works even if the phone is on silent.
    09-14-2010 11:47 AM
    But you do have to have the volume up. If you have the volume down and the ringer silenced you will barely be able to hear the alarm sound. So turn your volume up. Turn the silence switch to silent so you don't hear the dings and such and everything will be fine. Try it for your self to find the settings that work best for you.
    09-14-2010 11:47 AM
    Thanks very much. That's a much better solution than having my volume up 50% and still hearing all the other notifications.

Thanks guys.
    09-14-2010 11:48 AM
    There's an app called RadioAlarm that runs in the background. I still keep a backup alarm, cause now and then it doesn't fire, but when it works - it's stellar. Waiting for an update as the issue seems to be mostly with mp3 alarms in your iTunes.
    09-14-2010 05:15 PM
    Alarmtunes runs in the background also but does not sound an alarm when phone is on silent
    09-14-2010 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD