i want to play my apps on my computer
    09-14-2010 06:34 AM
    If it were that simple, people wouldn't buy iPads. No, the iPhone has a different operating system, and its programs/games won't run on a pc or even a Mac.
    09-14-2010 06:39 AM
    Which surprises me, now that I think about it, that no one has created an iOS emulator so that apps could be used on computers.
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    It would be pointless since all iOS games are touch screen, and computers are not.
    09-14-2010 05:17 PM
    It would be cool, but no it's not possible at this point in time.
    09-14-2010 05:27 PM
    There are some apps, though, that have been ported over. I'm thinking in particular of TiltShift Generator, which was made into a desktop application using Adobe AIR.
    09-14-2010 09:46 PM
    There is an emulator, it's in the developer SDK. So unless you're a developer and you intend on playing with apps you've built, you're SOL.

There are jailbreak solutions I believe, I think it's called mind control.
    09-15-2010 05:16 PM
    It would be pointless since all iOS games are touch screen, and computers are not.
    Sorry, I kind of expected that a control system built into the emulator was implied.
    09-15-2010 09:22 PM
    There is an emulator, it's in the developer SDK. So unless you're a developer and you intend on playing with apps you've built, you're SOL.

There are jailbreak solutions I believe, I think it's called mind control.
    Actually its a simulator, not an emulator. The simulator runs specifically compiled x86 code and simulates most of the iPhone.

An emulator would emulate Arm code and run the direct iPhone binary in the emulator (Android has this.)

Thus you cannot take an Arm binary on the iPhone, put it on the Mac, and run it in the SDK simulator.

If some developer wanted to go through the trouble of writing a true emulator they would have to include the full iOS runtime functionality in it and I am sure Apple legal would have a few issues with that.

TL;DR: No, you cannot take an iPhone app and run it on your Mac.
    09-16-2010 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD