One day i attemped to update a couple of apps, and here is where the fun began..

"Verification Required
    Before you can make purchases, you must tap Continue to sign in, then verify your payment info."

Then in red font it says:
    "There's a billing problem with a previous purchase. Please update your payment method"

I do so.

Then in red font it says:
    "Security code is invalid"

But it's not.

I went to Apple almost a couple of weeks ago. The rep at the genius bar attempts to help, but nothing but an email complaint sent to the "itunes help" was done to fix my problem. The rep told that a couple of others came in with the same issue. but no fix.
    The rep and I even used a different credit card of mine and even tried to my girlfriends for the different payment method, and we made sure to match the correct address with the billing info and funds were available. But still "Security code is invalid"

It's been nearly two weeks and the iTunes representative who is not trying to help me, does not have any soloution so far. And keeps emailing me the same thing, "...they hope to have a solution soon... yada yada.. iTunes is dedicated to creating a pleasant blah blah.."

Anyone else experiencing or has experienced this issue and have great news for me?
    09-13-2010 03:35 PM
    i'm alone in all of this?
    09-14-2010 02:14 AM
    I had it happen one morning, but changing to another credit card worked just fine.
    09-14-2010 06:42 AM
    Not exactly the answer I was in search for. But hey, at least there is some ounce of hope. Thanks for the response
    Anyone else?
    09-14-2010 12:13 PM
    It's safer to not have a credit card on file. I purchase iTunes gift cards and use them for everything I buy through the iTunes store... that way I am limited to the current value of my iTunes account balance should any loss occur.
    09-14-2010 12:40 PM
    It's because of all the fraud. iTunes and app store are making you regularly put in your 3 digit security code from your card. It's not wrong in their system they are just checking. I have 3 iPhones on the same user acct and it asks all the time. Just put it in and your good for a while.
    09-15-2010 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD