Facebook 3.2/biteSMS

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up for anyone who relies on biteSMS...it seems that the new Facebook update won't work unless you disable some of bite's mobile substrate settings (giving up Quick Compose/Quick Reply).

For me, bite is more important, so I'll stay at FB 3.1.4 for now.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up! I wish I would have seen this post before I upgraded FB to 3.2. :)

Like you said it does NOT play nice with Bite so I reverted back to the previous version of FB. Besides I do not care for the "places" feature and from what I hear it is not available in Canada (for the most part) anyway which is strange because apps like foursquare etc. work fine here.

I have the same problem. Can you tell me how you did the "downgrade"?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you updated on your phone, just delete it from your springboard, then sync with itunes--the older version will sync back to the phone. I usually update on my phone for just this reason!

If you updated in itunes, the old version is probably sitting in your recycle bin right now; just delete the current one from your library and restore the old .ipa, then sync again.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry I cannot explain this "downgrade" process due to the site rules. I found out about the downgrade by simply doing a google search for "Facebook 3.2 not working with BiteSMS". I am sure you can catch my drift.

There are ways to downgrade without resorting to piracy (I assume that's what you're talking about).

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If you updated on your phone, just delete it from your springboard, then sync with itunes--the older version will sync back to the phone. I usually update on my phone for just this reason!

If you updated in itunes, the old version is probably sitting in your recycle bin right now; just delete the current one from your library and restore the old .ipa, then sync again.

omg Genius!!! thank you sooo much for the tip:p

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I posted this on the main forum. Just saw this one :p. Seems like Facebook came out with another update 3.2.2 says it fixes "login issues" anyone willing to try it. again sorry for the double post.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The new update works great for me, with biteSMS, activator, five icon dock, and the PDF patch all in mobile substrate. For once I'm pretty impressed with facebook's app!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2