Droid has it, EVO has it, iPhone4 "DOES NOT HAVE IT". Why can't Apple provide us with SMS ringtones? I do not want to jailbreak my phone but this is so annoying. I have 4 co-workers with iPhones and daily we keep looking at our phones when a new text comes in.
    They do realize that the competition supplies these things for FREE right?
    Never mind the iAds and all that crap, there are tons of users that are frustrated by this, I am thinking of building a website "HEY APPLE WHERE ARE MY SMS MESSAGE TONES"
    08-19-2010 06:25 AM
    Because Jobs is a control freak who does not want to allow it. Period. No other reason. It plays hell with us who use our iPhones to receive work "pages"... that alone kept me away from the iPhone until just recently...
    08-19-2010 03:05 PM
    Steve is saving it for iPhone 5..."Now that every single person on Earth has our phone, we wanted to give you a way of knowing when it's your phone that has an alert...introducing iSMS Tones..."
    08-19-2010 03:28 PM
    Perhaps it will be in iOS5 which should also work with the iPhone4, correct? Not holding my breath...
    08-19-2010 09:57 PM
    The iSMS tones I could actually see happening, at least it would be an option. One of my co-workers did jailbreak his phone, she is happy having control over such simple things.
    08-20-2010 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD