Best blog app

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting back into the whole blogging thing but I am away from a PC the majority of the time. What (if any) is a good blog app for the iphone?

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I will look into it. I think I was looking more into blogging only on my phone for now, like a journal type of deal.

Exechobo

Sep 25, 2010
exechobo.com
Blogging From iPhone

One of the reasons I moved to the iPhone was to have a better blogging tool. For me, blogging on the go, while "in the moment" is the way to go. Especially since I blog about travel experiences. I have used an Ipaq with a Bluetooth keyboard, my Blackberry via email and of course my MBP.

Now with my iPhone, I blog daily. My posts are photo heavy, and the iPhone fits the bill really, really well. The best part is the camera, and the landscape keyboard. While emailing in posts is the way Blogger considers best, it is not really.
exechobo-albums-exechobo-photos-picture17-img-0685.jpg

I use BlogPress. It enables me to do something very important. I can write and develop blog posts at my leisure, refining and adding to them over the course of several days. I even stockpile them for release so I smooth out posting to an every day discipline.

You can look at my blog to see how BlogPress posts look on Blogger. Exechobo

Blogpress has a feature to allow you to post automatically at a deferred date. However, this did not work for me, so I gave it up. The photos embed properly and without a hitch. But the sizing and placement is not something I have been able to control. One of the best things is that I can tag posts with keywords.

I find BlogPress to be effective, with some room for improvement. But the alternatives? I am not aware of others.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i use blogpress also it works for the little blogging i do...

@exchobo... whats with the overly formal app review? its not a bad thing but its like bam in your face

emmy2phones

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
@Exechobo, thanks for that info, I was looking into blogging while on the move and that looks perfect for me, although admittedly I have been a bit lax on my posts, but I might feel more inspirational if I can do it via my phone. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro