SMS Undo now possible

MelonMobile

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
A fervent user of the e-mail undo feature provided by Google Labs suggested we create an app which makes this possible for SMS as well. This is how SMS Undo for iPhone came to be.

Here's how the marketing team describes it:

SMS Undo will give you 10 seconds to review what you?ve written and to whom. In this period, you can undo the sending and go back to editing your message and/or the recipients, as if nothing happened. It?s amazing how much chaos you can remove from your life with such a simple application. Some examples: you send a saucy message meant for your bf/gf to your boss instead; a remarkably silly Twitter/Facebook post via SMS; embarrassing typos; a mistaken meeting hour written in a rush.

What we're curious about, though, is how someone who uses it would describe it. Is it user-friendly? Would you use this app on a regular basis? How do you feel about having to access a third-party application to send an SMS? Any feedback is more than welcome!

There's really no point posting screenshots because it looks exactly like your regular iPhone messaging screen, only with a neat progress bar on top sporting an 'Undo' button.

You can easily find it iTunes by searching its name. Sorry, I'm not allowed to post links, otherwise I would have made this easier for you :)

spangler07#IM

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
interesting. although, i don't understand the concept of these undo apps/features. why not just review it before you hit send? same thing isn't it?

MelonMobile

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Reviewing is always an option, true, but the benefit to the undo button lies in the deadline. I guess the software's usefulness largely depends on how you react to deadlines.

For me personally (this is Nora Georgieva writing, marketing manager at Melon Inc), having a software which essentially tells me: "You have 10 seconds to read this, then it will be too late" motivates me to really read it. I use the gmail "Undo" button for every 3rd-4th e-mail. And I definitely am in the habit of reviewing what I write (used to be a reporter and an editor).

The mild stress of knowing you have a very limited time to react makes you a much more efficient editor, in my experience. :)

So, spangler07, have you tried any type of undo-ing software? I'm curious if it will have the same effect on you or you've already established it doesn't.

alfred_1986

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I am using Pinch App for messaging with my friends. Pinch iPhone app lets users communicate with friends by sending rich animations, pictures, emoticons, push notifications, location and all these can be done without any SMS/MMS/roaming charges across multiple platforms.

Do try this app. Its really helpful and fun to have iMessenger, iContacts and iLocation in one App..

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
are we sure it actually "undos" or is it a "review" app in disguise? basically they're 'tricking' you into thinking you've sent it when they're actually holding onto it for that ten seconds??

cos if you send a text it appears in the next second (try it, stand next to a friend you're texting) so..........if you undo does that mean they delete it before the friend sees it? but what if they see it before this app gets a chance to delete it?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods