For years I used SplashPhoto on the Palm OS and then on the iPhone. Splashdata has decided not to update to iOS4 so now I need to find an app that offers a more robust photo album than the native app. Here's what I require:
    1. ability to move photos from PC to iPhone easily (sync would be ideal)
    2. Sort by album
    3. Slideshow presentation
    4. iPad version as well as iPhone (nice to have, but absolutely required)

Because of lousy AT&T coverage, I want an app with local storage not a web album.

Has anyone found a reliable app that they like?
    07-30-2010 08:40 AM
    I will try to find it for you
    07-30-2010 03:10 PM
    Photo-Sort available for both the iPad and iPhone is meeting my needs nicely.
    08-07-2010 11:53 AM
    Wouldn't the default gallery app work?
    08-07-2010 05:07 PM
    It's basically a virtual photo album for the iPad that really looks and works like a real photo album. The initial version had a few performance issues, but the latest 1.1 release cleared all that up and works really great! You can look them up on iTunes as iAlbum, or on the web at applgasm-apps.com.
    09-14-2010 12:14 PM
    You could try either of these apps available on the App Store:

Photo Shack Pro is a fantastic new photo management app for the iPad that is the perfect iPad app companion for the professional photographer and photography enthusiast. It allows you to create your own photo libraries on the fly, fill them with the photos you want, drag and drop photos in the order you want, access your photo's embedded detailed photo data, map the location where the photo was taken, flip through or slideshow your photos in full screen, zoom in to full resolution, add titles and comments to your photos, and iTunes transfer selected photos to your desktop or email them.

iAlbum Pro is a Virtual Photo Album for the iPad that looks, feels, and works just like a real photo album, and comes with multiple options for covers, pages, page corners, and photo borders. It includes special photo effects, such as B&W, Sepia Gold, and Sepia Rose, plus you can size, rotate, place, and mask your photos any way you want on any page, including the coverpage! It's a beautiful and intuitive way to showcase your favorite photos in a format that's a pleasure to use.

Both apps allow you to organize your photos on the iPad, without needing the help of a computer.
    06-28-2011 09:51 PM
    Thanks this is really helpful!
    06-29-2011 12:44 PM
    thanks for your help
    07-06-2011 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD