Hulu+ Invite' sent out

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, if you signed up for the Hulu+ invite check your inbox, because my invite just came in. So I signed up, paid my first month, and I must say, its awesome on the iP4. Plus on the site, its even better. Have fun all, I am!

Moonbase0ne

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I'm waiting on the NetFlix streaming App that's supposed to be coming for the iP4. Didn't really think about Hulu. How is it?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hate to say it but I don't see this working out as well for Hulu as it did for Netflix, I think that there are too many people like me that would rater just have cable and use Netflix for movies. Just MHO

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Hate to say it but I don't see this working out as well for Hulu as it did for Netflix, I think that there are too many people like me that would rater just have cable and use Netflix for movies. Just MHO

Actually, right now I am transitioning to a no cable/satellite set up at home.

Paying $100 a month to dish or cable was not my cup of tea. SO I actually took a step back and looked what I actually watched:

Specific TV series, usually DVR'd. I have netflix, Hulu, OTAHD, Various web sreams torrents and a HTPC for that.

Sports, EPl (Arsenal), NFL (Dolphins), MLB (Yankees): Espn3, and Various web streaming options cover that, NFL is pub appointment watching for me anyway I like listening to baseball (MLB app)

Movies: HTPC catalog and Netflix and HULU for that.

I could go on, but for me it became clear that I was just wasting money. It really came down shaking the habit and relearning a new way as opposed to doing what I have always done. Don't get me wrong, it's gonna be a bit before I unlearn the "channel surfing" habit, and will miss sportscenter in the morning by just turning on the tube, but I'm sure I'll adjust pretty quick.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I too have a Netflix membership, and despite that Hulu is a great offering if you enjoy their selection of shows. Granted I will be able to watch a majority of what i watch on Hulu when Netflix for iPhone is released, but for now it's pretty cool. Sucks up lots of data on 3G though. But the quality over 3G is excellent. I watched about 4hrs of The Office over 3G and I used 1.1GB

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually, right now I am transitioning to a no cable/satellite set up at home.

I am really strongly looking at that myself right now! Cable companies suck because they claim to have tiered services, but only tiered in their favor.

Once I get my Hulu Invite, I am going to check it out for sure. I already have Netflix and use it a good bit.

I do think I gave my cable company a hell of a lot of money for the amount of programming I actually watch.

The sports with football coming up is the only thing that has been hesitant.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

If Hulu could find a way to offer live streamed events, I would drop my satellite bill in a heartbeat.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
put it this way, you can get hulu plus, and netflix. if you like sports you can view the games online, mlb.tv, nba gaes too. if the NFL streamed their games online I'd be fully tilted to not have cable anymore. I can stream all this stuff in HD anyway, and I always hook my Mac up to my 47" Sharp Lcd...

CPMS

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
if the NFL streamed their games online I'd be fully tilted to not have cable anymore.

This is exactly why the NFL will never stream live content. Their agreements with networks, etc. make them huge $$$$'s. This is also the primary reason a lot of folks I know are holding off on cutting the "cable/dish". If you don't watch much live sports everything else is pretty much available on-demand. Oh yeah, except local news in some areas ... which you can grab OTA once you get an HD antenna anyway :eek:

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
put it this way, you can get hulu plus, and netflix. if you like sports you can view the games online, mlb.tv, nba gaes too. if the NFL streamed their games online I'd be fully tilted to not have cable anymore. I can stream all this stuff in HD anyway, and I always hook my Mac up to my 47" Sharp Lcd...

You start adding all those up and it becomes more expensive than the cable bill.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I barely watch TV, unless it's sports (Go Yankees)
or something to help me pass the time. I am really
thinking of dropping my cable, but I only pay $30
with my triple play package for internet, tv & phone.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone gotten a hulu plus invite recently? I signed up for it within hours of them posting the waiting list signup, but still haven't heard anything. At this point, I'm taking bets on which app I can get on my phone first: netflix or hulu.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
So has anyone gotten a hulu plus invite recently? I signed up for it within hours of them posting the waiting list signup, but still haven't heard anything. At this point, I'm taking bets on which app I can get on my phone first: netflix or hulu.

Got my invite a few days ago but haven't signed up yet. I submitted my request for an invite the day it was released.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Just got my Invite today. I paid the ten bucks and I am currently sitting at home in the dark having watched way too much tv on my phone. It has a few glitches once in a while but over all it is a very cool app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2