your note apps...

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
How many "note/to do" apps do you have? For some reason, I like note/todo apps - "productivity" apps. I have several and have tried tons. Currently I'm using the standard note app, AwesomeNote (its great, just slow to open), and 2Do (can't figure out how I want my to do list). I can't seem to keep all my notes in one place! I also have Docs to go, but its more for documents. I've tried Evernote, but didn't care for it too much. I like note apps that I can organize, and is easy to use and quick to open.

So, what about you? How do you handle your notes & Todo's?

nico

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Awesome Notes.. It's the coolest I've tried so far but I've a big problem with this kind of apps I'm not good in looking at them every day so they become useless for me :(.
I rather prefer the calendar =) simple as that!
P.S. I don't know if exist something like google task for iPhone.. that would be awesome 'cause you'll receive actual mails every day about the activities you've to perform!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I just downloaded NotifyMe2 and will test it
out. I also have Evernote, but that is more
for permanent notes, important sales receipts
amongst other things.

I wish I would have seen Awesome Note in
the list of apps. I was looking at Featured
and also iOS4 apps that Apple has in iTunes.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you trying to use notes as tasks? You might want to take a look at BugMe!. I used this a lot back in the Palm days, and got it instantly when it was released for iPhone. It allows you to create, organize, and alarm notes.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Just looked it up, I like the add to home screen
option. NotifyMe2 doesn't seem to have that.
In fact, NM2 seems like it is really more for
looks vs. function.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I use AwesomeNotes for my Notes. I really like it because it has a Calendar function as well as an Alarm function. It also syncs with Evernote for a backup system.

I have settled on 2Do for my "todos". Very easy to use and is based off of the GTD method if you into that. It also syncs with ToodleDo for a backup system which is nice. I have used Appigo's ToDo that I really liked as well.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I also have AwesomeNotes (yea, I go through them like ... sands through the hourglass). I don't care for the way it integrates with Google, which was the main reason I wanted to use something other than Evernote to start with.

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded NotifyMe2 and will test it
out. I also have Evernote, but that is more
for permanent notes, important sales receipts
amongst other things.

I wish I would have seen Awesome Note in
the list of apps. I was looking at Featured
and also iOS4 apps that Apple has in iTunes.

Notify Me 2 is awesome. BTW don't be swayed by their description... if you don't need your notifications backed up then just by Notify Me 2 Simple.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Awesome Notes.. It's the coolest I've tried so far but I've a big problem with this kind of apps I'm not good in looking at them every day so they become useless for me :(.
I rather prefer the calendar =) simple as that!
P.S. I don't know if exist something like google task for iPhone.. that would be awesome 'cause you'll receive actual mails every day about the activities you've to perform!

I really really like Awesome notes, but, like you, I'm not checking it everyday.

Are you trying to use notes as tasks? You might want to take a look at BugMe!. I used this a lot back in the Palm days, and got it instantly when it was released for iPhone. It allows you to create, organize, and alarm notes.

I"ll look at that one! thanks!!

I have a ridiculous amount of productivity apps, but they seem to be my favorite apps :D (Omnifocus, TakeANote, Things, Todo, SaiSuke, iProcrastinate Mobile are just a few.)

As far as Todo/checklist apps go, I like Todo by Appigo. It also has the ability to do Notes as well - Make a title & add the note - Thats how I like to do mine. I don't put dates on them, but it's nice to have that reminder option.

yeah, I, too, have tons of productivity apps. I just can't decide which I want to use. Or maybe I get bored with only one, but then my notes are scattered and not found for days! I think I'm going to check out this iProcrastinate Mobile just for the name. I am the worlds worst procrastinator!! :D

sensei4252

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Check out Lifetopix

I have Things, but I don't like it. I like Todo (by Appigo) better. It has a nice interface, but not a lot of features - at least not as much as much as Todo has.

I have tried both Things and Todo (as well as a host of others). My current favorite is Lifetopix - itunes.apple.com/us/app/lifetopix/id399076264?mt=8.

I especially like how it lets me tie my tasks together with so many other things I need to manage. It costs so much less than Things or OmniFocus, but does so much more. Plus, it's a universal app so I was able to put it on my iphone, touch, and ipad - it's a steal.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Do any of you "notes apps" users have any opinion on NoteMaster? It appears to be a robust little app which syncs well with GoogleDocs - but it's hard to come to any solid conclusion when you can only use 7 notes (Lite version). Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have Note Master. It's nice. I'm not crazy about the way it syncs with Google Docs. I still far prefer Evernote.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have Note Master. It's nice. I'm not crazy about the way it syncs with Google Docs. I still far prefer Evernote.

Thanks for the response. Can I ask what it is about the Google Docs sync that you're not crazy about?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Can I ask what it is about the Google Docs sync that you're not crazy about?

IIRC, it adds its own folders into your Google Docs. (Or I could be thinking of the other notes app I got that syncs with Google Docs.) I had gotten Note Master and another similar app within weeks of each other, and wound up just not liking the docs integration. Both of them wound up causing extra "junk" inside GD and having to sync specific folders that I didn't necessarily want to create or use.

Reactions: Kale58

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I think it's Awesome Note that adds it's own folder to Google Docs. From my limited time with NoteMaster, you get to choose which folder on GD you want to sync your notes to. Of course, after that, both apps replicate the folder structure of your notes to GD. It does limit how you might want to sync your notes to GD.

As an aside, I've found that GD doesn't play nice with Awesome Note's ToDo items "format not supported" or some such error. A good enough reason for me not to mix notes and todos in the same app.

Thanks for the feedback Alli.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I could not live without BugMe. I've had that on every device since the Palm days. SO happy to find it on iPhone. It's the fastest way to jot down a little note, like the next word you want to play in Words With Friends, or an url you want to look at later, or IOUs- everything!

I recently got Reminders, which is a to-do app. Love it. I wish you could edit the "actions" but whatever. I use it daily.

I bought Todo List right after I got my phone, but never really got into it.

I like the Notes app for permanent notes, Stickies for "neater" instant notes than BugMe, have Evernote and use it occasionally.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I got BugMe also - it was another attempt at recreating my Palm bliss, rather than trying to find what worked on the iPhone. I realized BugMe doesn't offer anything I don't already have with Evernote. Yea, I really think Evernote is that great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro