How to hide my apps?

kate73

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Still getting used to my new hand-me-down iphone. Is there an easy way to hide the apps I don't want people to know I have?

What about hiding certain files - like pdfs or music? Do I need an actual app designed for hiding each file type?

K73

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
You could use folders to hide your apps or a iPhone apps to hide your Photos, There might be a Jailbreak app but I don't keep up to date with all the jailbreak stuff.

Hope I helped.

kate73

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well,

This probably seems a little competitive (or rude), but I'm a student and I don't want people who ask to look at my phone to see the apps/files which are my 'secret weapons' for studying. Hey, I need every edge I can get over the ultra-competitive folks in my class! LOL

My thing about "Folders" is that you can still see the icons for them on the home screen? Is that right? How to hide or password protect the folders, so people can't snoop through them?

-K73

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
if u JB, download SBSettings to hide the apps and YES u can access them using spotlite or use Lockdown to lock any app with a passcode (this works for my camera and photo library ;) )... hope this helps :)

Last edited:

kate73

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow,

So I can lock apps without having to hide them. Cool! That may be easier. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll look into these!

-K73

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Oh wow,

So I can lock apps without having to hide them. Cool! That may be easier. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll look into these!

-K73

yepp... your welcome/ check out my FB link in my sig, their, i have a whole list of JB apps i DLed ;)

Gottalikelife

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Why hide apps?

Not sure about the user that posted this link...but for me...I like hot girls...and there are a number of apps that are geared towards that...not to mention friendfinder which has an app. My kids like to play games on the phone...and I would rather they not see apps that are questionable to their age group.

I can't believe they haven't come up with an app for that yet. Amazing. Maybe someone should...and they can make a bundle. Anyone? Anyone?

Jebadoa

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreak!! Then you can use lockdown to password protect certain apps or you can put the app in the SBSettings dock which hides them but makes them easily accessible. There is also an app for renaming your apps.

Don't want to jailbreak? Check TiPb tips for how to change the icon for an app. Then it can be hidden in plain sight. Your study app might have an icon picture that looks like it's a checkers app.

caspianx67

Jul 21, 2009
www.mattnewby.com
I suppose one alternative might be to load up more apps than there are spaces for apps on the 11 screens. Additional apps are still on the phone but don't show up because you can't get to those screens. You'd have to use the search tool to look for the app by name. You also have to finagle a bit to get certain apps to show up on the screens and others to disappear. Dunno how to "hide" documents though..

10narrow

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You can hide apps by going to setting and go to restrictions and select delete apps and installing apps. Then u can delete the app, then go to setting put a restriction on installing app so they can't observe what that app is. Then when u want to look at it go to settings and press install apps and wahla

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner