lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having issues with some of their apps?

I have noticed that several apps I have that worked fine in the 3.1.3 OS start to load and then back to the homescreen.

This issue seems to happen a lot with games Galaga for iphone and some utilities that I have and the app was updated and still doesn't seem to work.

I hope more apps are updated especially so they can take advantage of the multitasking function as nothing is worse than playing a game or using an app and you receive a call and you have to restart the app again!

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
yup... i can only assume they changed some API's which need to be updated. the Dave Matthews official application would exit on load.. its been fixed and tested on ios4, and works now...

guess we only need to wait for some programs to be updated

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Sirius/XM and AccuWeather haven't updated yet. Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything has updated, but the Featured Recipe button no longer works for me. I've been checking for app updates several time a day, hoping all are caught up to the new OS soon.

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I've noticed a lot of apps do that. The conclusion I've came to is that a lot of the apps haven't been updated to support saved state (for multitasking), so after you open an app the first time, the next time you open it, the OS tries to load it from saved state, but the app doesn't support it, so it basically gets confused, doesn't load properly, and crashes. Games in particular I've noticed have this problem.

So far the only workaround I've found is to make sure you open up the multitasking menu and kill the app before reopening it, and it'll load like normal. Hopefully developers will figure this out soon and update their apps to support saved states, or maybe Apple will fix the OS so that it force kills apps that don't support saved states on exit (yeah right...). Either will work, it's just a matter of who gets around to changing their code.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77