free up memory app?

astonkiller

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
hi first post (hi) had a free memory app for some time now iPhone 3G but whith os4 does not seam too work anymore any help would be cool thx.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There is no help! Unless they make it compatible for use with the iOS4 it likely won't work. Why would you need this considering the iPhone 4 pretty much has its own memory management system built in?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
sorry it's for my 3G on the IOS4 software don't have a iPhone 4G(I wish).

Ahh, yes well that makes sense. They will have to make it compatible with the iOS4. You may want to go into iTunes and click on the Developers Web Site link and ask them if they are working on a new version.

tkd27

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I seem to recall Steve Jobs banning all the memory management apps a while ago because they weren't sandboxed. If iOS 4 killed your app, I don't think your going to get an update without jailbreaking (which you probably can't do because your on iOS 4).

S

stphnman20

Yea the iOS4 makes my 3g really slow. Makes the keyboard lag really bad! But no, there isn't a fix for it other then get the new i4..

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Apple killed memory-freeing apps some time ago. Even with my iPhone 4, however, I've been using an old version of iStat that has this feature. As with any computer, after a while, the memory needs to be cleared. The best way to do this if you don't have a working app is a soft restart. (Maybe ~ once a day.)

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm using iPhoneVM on my 3G OS 4.0. Increased my available mem by about 35%. What I'm looking for is a way to physically change my System partition?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2