iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Report any issues or bugs you have encountered with iOS 4 in this thread.

Please do not use this thread for asking questions or discussing anything but issues or bugs related to iOS 4.

Thank you.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
On the GM version, my battery fully charges and then starts discharging while still on the charger.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Bugs? Where to start. GMail has a big issue. It doesn't seem to want to sync itself properly with IMAP. I was selling some concert tickets and relied on my phone to get customers. Well, I received a couple, but the actual PC client had more emails than my phone. I missed out on several deals. The iPod app is also funky. I can browse through the catalog looking at what I may want to play and then exit. When I go back in at a later time, it says now playing and something I wasn't even looking at is paused. It doesn't make any sound, so that's good.

Ummm, in mail, I notice that if I am typing faster than normal, the cursor moves along just as it's supposed to, but no characters show up until I move on to the next word. When on forums and I am writing a reply, it doesn't format the text box right. Sometimes it enlarges the font, sometimes it leaves it small. Odd. The camera also takes a much longer time to startup, but once it loads, it snaps pictures much faster.

Those are the ones I found so far, but the hunt continues.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
My WiFi won't connect.

It connects...disconnects...connects...disconnects...

Tried restarting my phone, nothing.
Might have to reinstall iOS4 if no one else is having this problem.

P.S. I'm using an iPhone 3G.

Last edited:

calsccr9

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmm it is just SO great! None of my apps transferred over and I now have 2.48GB labeled "other" that I cannot access for storage. Magical!

Update:
After moving all of my apps back over to my device manually they have been synced. The "other" partition has also decreased on it's own, I'd say that's definitely a bug worth looking into. I almost had a heart attack. Other than that the update is looking fairly clean, definitely better than the GM, even though they are apparently the same. On another note, iBooks seems a bit laggy on the iPod touch 2g, most likely a hardware restraint.

Last edited:

kyrow123

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
My home button actually lags a lot when I push it now. Was not happening before on any of the previous beta's. Once I updated to the GM seed, it began to happen. It could be a hardware issue, but it seems suspect to me.

Also, a number of my apps are consistently crashing and I am able to replicate the issue every time, which could be a result of the new version of iOS as they were all working fine prior to the GM seed.

SheiknetChris

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed when monkeying with the Wallpaper (in settings) that ALL the images in my picture library were amazingly low-res. So I unsynced the photos and am reloading. Wish me luck!

day_day

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
curser not showing up while writing text in email. had to reload all my email accounts. Wallpaper on home screen will not show. not sure if it supported for the 3g.

rmead001

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I listen to music in the car. When I remove the aux jack music stops like normal. When I get back into my car and plug it back in, I press the home button twice for quick controls and play to resume. It is now restarting songs from the beginning.

y2kemo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth Car Connectivity

Bluetooth car connectivity no longer works. With OS3.** I had no issues. I first noticed the issues when I upgraded to Gold. Today (even though it's the same version) I restored using the "new" release. No dice. I hope this gets fixed as the car kit is a must-have tool.

David_B#IM

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Folders

In my zeal to create folders after installing iOS 4, I created folders BOTH on my iPhone and within iTunes Apps tab. Then synced my phone with iTunes and my folder efforts disappeared. Sigh. I would have thought would have been a Use Case tested by QA.

calsccr9

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
What happened to the Game Center that as in iOS4 Gold? It's iOS4 Gone. :(

I assumed it would be taken out. Game Center isn't supposed to debut until this fall, therefore it would be useless and just cause confusion if it were left in the OS for the general user. I'm sure we'll see it when the next iteration of iOS comes out, probably in fall at the iPod event (along with the iPad version of iOS 4).

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Cannot turn off autolock or adjust passcode time amount when using Exchange Activesync with a google apps account. Suspect it is a problem on Google's end and that need to change the security policy on Google Apps accounts. Anyone else having this issue?

01shade10

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Noticed that my music didn't show up after upgrade in the Songs folder only. They were in the Albums folder. It wouldn't allow them to be selected for a playlist. Resync fixed it. Everything else seems nice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234