iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Some probs I've been having are- certain apps crash, I click the app store app/ iTunes app and it always says cannot connect to app store and so on, reception issue, proximity sensor, seems to lag way more than my 3GS, maybe I got a dud lol

donstech

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi won't connect.

It connects...disconnects...connects...disconnects...

Tried restarting my phone, nothing.
Might have to reinstall iOS4 if no one else is having this problem.

P.S. I'm using an iPhone 3G.

Exact issue that I'm having on my 3G - it's gotten to the point that it doesn't even see any WIFI now.
I'm getting the new iphone 4 whenever I can find one so I guess I'll have to do without wifi until then. Still not good for those not updating

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Badge Notifications

The ATT app kept a badge notification up showing (1) before I even put in my login credentials. Had to delete the app.

Today, my wife had the same issue, a badge notification showing for MMS, with no unread MMS msgs. So far, cant get it to go away.

daniapes

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Icon wiggling

The most annoying bug I have is when I unlock...if I tap an app to open they all start wiggling as if I want to delete them.
I'd say this occurs around 50% of the time....annoying !!

SteveC#IM

Jun 28, 2010
www.thoughtsmedia.com
Iphone 3G, can't seem to install the OS4 update, stalls when its backing up my phone, tried on several occasions, feels like a waste of time. Think I may just wait for my upgrade on 24th!!!!

On my 3g the process was painfully slow. As much as I wanted to cancel the upgrade, I didn't. I went to bed and when I woke up, my applications were being restored. I figure the backup took about 8 1/2 hours to complete!

Once it was all done though, there were no issues. Everything worked great!

AndrewEwing

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I took around 75 photos on a trip out of town this weekend and I can only locate them via "places" feature. Photo album shows I have the correct total number of photos yet they do not appear in the album, only under the red pin on the map.

Also iBooks runs very slowly when loading a new opened PDF file via safari. Upon startup iBooks sometimes takes 10 seconds to load my library.

Running iOS 4 on 3GS

BigTex#IM

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Exact issue that I'm having on my 3G - it's gotten to the point that it doesn't even see any WIFI now.
I'm getting the new iphone 4 whenever I can find one so I guess I'll have to do without wifi until then. Still not good for those not updating

Try resetting your wifi settings and reset iphone... reset Wireless router at same time.

Sphinx

Jun 21, 2010
www.crew4christ.org
I was trying to type some notes in the notepad on my 3G, iOS 4.0, and every time I left the notepad app to get a bible verse to copy and then went back, it would not save my last made entries. I then just tried to type some stuff, and select "done" and then exist out and come back, and it did the same thing. It is not saving my changes to the notes as I exit and enter the notepad.

Sphinx

Jun 21, 2010
www.crew4christ.org
100% agree! 3G here too!

Me too... very slow and it is getting better at not crashing as much as the apps I use keep getting updated. Not too happy with the lag in the phone. To be honest, I actually tried to revert back to 3.1.3, but could not. For some reason iTunes would not allow it. Anyone else with a 3G having issues reverting back to 3.1.3?

leejhamilton

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My iphone 3g now runs slower than a 1 legged arthritic blind dog dragging itself along by its tongue. I have tried a backup, and re-install, a full system reset and still running really slowly. I regularly used to use System Activity Monitor and could regularly have between 27-30 Mb or free memory, now I'm lucky if i have 4-5Mb.

stevecito

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Issues for me are:
-App crahses randomly
-New SMS Message badge that doesn't go away when all messages are read
-Facebook App is giving me "-1" badge (??)
-Home button sometimes will not exit me to homescreen.....the button works fine becaus a double tap gets me the app switcher and the sustained tap gets the voice control, but a single tap gets me nada.
-General overall lag, not as fast and "snappy" as my 3GS, it feels sluggish overall.

stevecito

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok, another thing....as we speak I am on the phone, at the home screen and I keep tapping that green bar at the top of the screen that says touch here to return to phone call......over and over and nothing happens!

So, I still had a blackberry last year when iPhone 3 was released....I got the 3GS a month after release in the end of July....Was the launch of that OS this buggy or is it this launch particularly? I have other apple products (two macbooks, time capsule, etc) and I am not used to Apple stuff not working right the first time....Will 4.01 fix all this stuff?

jsc315

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one but with the new os4 we can't zoom in videos anymore? what reason was this taken away? Makes no sense in taking a feature away what it could be useful.

BigTex#IM

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Me too... very slow and it is getting better at not crashing as much as the apps I use keep getting updated. Not too happy with the lag in the phone. To be honest, I actually tried to revert back to 3.1.3, but could not. For some reason iTunes would not allow it. Anyone else with a 3G having issues reverting back to 3.1.3?

I called Apple support... no way to "officially" go back to 3.1.3. WTF?!?!?

harty83

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a bug in Bluetooth audio for SMS and mail notifications and gps turn instructions (like with navigon and tomtom). When I use my headset for gps instructions, I only get art of the instructions. It's like by the time the phone creates the audio connection with he headset, the instructions are almost or already completed to where I only hear part of it. For SMS and mail alerts, I get nothing as the tone is super short and complete before the headset is connected. Did not used to be a problem for ios 3.1.2.

Thanks,
Alan

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2