iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

D-Rock

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
OK, so my install of 4.0 went smoothly and eveything seemed to be working well, until this morning. So far my iphone has completely locked up and rebooted itself twice. Anyone else have a similar problem?

finngirl

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I updated my phone (3G, 16 MB, on a Mac) yesterday, and my SO's phone (3GS, 16 MB, on a WinXP) and ran into the same challenges on the 3G that everyone else did. I did manage to get through both.

My advice is to run a back-up on your phone first, update your iTunes software separately next, and THEN start the install and leave it alone. After backing up, and updating iTunes, it took another 45 minutes for the 3GS, and about an hour and 30 minutes for the 3G.

No issues on either phone - love the new features, even on the 3G - but on mine, the 3G, it seems the battery is draining MUCH faster than normal. I noticed this last night so today, with a full charge at 8:30 am, I have purposefully NOT been futzing with my phone more than normal so as not to skew the usage.

I am sticking with light usage which is normal for me during the day: an occasional Facebook read, a few texts and a few calls (during the day, I am at my work computer and do all browsing there).

I am at about 50% of charge at 12:30 pm, when normally, I'd be at about 90% at least.

I will give it a few days but if this will be the cost of the new features for a 3G, I will probably roll back.

iphone86

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Iphone 3GS Bugs include:

1. MMS no longer works. Immediately after selecting a picture to send I get the red exclamation mark. It is as if mms is disabled, but when I go to my settings it isn't.

2. App store WON'T open. I keep getting the loading screen, however it never loads.

3. Random app icons are disappearing on the main screen. The label name is still displayed under where the icon should be, but the icon picture isn't there.

4. Overall difficulty getting a data based app to open when not connected to wi-fi. Examples include the weather channel, scorecenter, etc.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone finding reception crappy? I found a report online that when you hold the iPhone 4 by the Aluminum band reception drops way down. I have been able to reproduce this without fail. If I use a cloth between my hands and the aluminum bands then the reception doesn't change. It is like the hand is causing some sort of short.

Can anyone else test this out and report back?

By the way here is the link to the report:

iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
When creating a new calendar entry, it always default to "Availability: busy." I can understand and appreciate why that is the default, but for my purposes I would prefer that the default be "Availability: free." I have checked the settings, and I don't see any way to change this. Anybody know if there is a way to change this default behavior?

keith06t

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
Inline HTML5 video

Anybody know why the inline HTML5 video isn't working? I tried it on iOS 4 on my iPhone 3G S and again today on my iPhone 4, but still no luck. I used the sample site referenced in the iOS overview post (Jilion - SublimeVideo). Anybody know what's going on?

Theoryx66

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Lost Contact, calendar, restore didn't work?

Would have to say that this update reminds me of installing updates on a windows based computer. Very dissappointing. Followed suggestions to be sure to have newest iTunes update, backed system up and saved photos. After update to iOS 4, all of my contacts are gone. Numbers remain in recent calls and favorites. Calendar info gone too. Just restored to no avail. Now I have to reorganize folders all over though! Any suggestions? Feel real small in a sea of customer complaints right now! Hope Steve enjoys all the money he's making off of us minions!:mad:

jmoo2

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Theoryx66....

I know it's no help now but sync your contacts & calendar to the cloud via gMail, Yahoo or MS. It's free and easy. Can even use Soocial to back the cloud stuff up. This is free as well.

AnimalMD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4 - Home Screen Link issue?

Anyone else have this problem? In the safari browser - if you have a favorite website - one that you visit often, at the bottom you can click on the "+" icon - and add it to your homescreen on the iPhone - to get there without having to open up the browser.

On the 3Gs - no problem.

With my new iPhone 4 - once I add it to the homescreen - it doesnt work...

Anyone else?

Firestarter

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? In the safari browser - if you have a favorite website - one that you visit often, at the bottom you can click on the "+" icon - and add it to your homescreen on the iPhone - to get there without having to open up the browser.

On the 3Gs - no problem.

With my new iPhone 4 - once I add it to the homescreen - it doesnt work...

Anyone else?

Hmm, sry but I think this belongs in an iPhone4 thread, not an iOS4 thread. There's a subtle, but distinct difference that is confusing the heck outta ppl I bet. lol :D

mods?

Last edited:

kzilla

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Email search is not completing the search word when searching on the server. For example: if I'm searching in gmail and what I'm lookin for is the term "rob"

when the phone has to search the server nothing comes up if what is stored is "robert"

so i have to type "robert" to find it instead. Once it has found it once then using "rob" will pull up everything with "robert" also.
Correct me if I am wrong but under the old OS it would find everything with "rob" in it regardless.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My SMS messages sometimes come from the future!!! I sent a text to my cousin and he replied at 9:46 am. It showed arrived at 9:47?!?!??! This is an actual i4 device. I didn't have this issue on the 3GS.

GTGeek88

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Can't get email. WiFi connection is unreliable. Everything was fine before the iOS 4 upgrade. Lots of issues being reported on Apple forums, too. I hope Apple is listening and working hard and fast to get these things fixed.

sdebusk

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
MMS contact share

Anyone else lose MMS?

I am not running iOS4, but my husband is. He cannot receive an MMS with contact info, but he can receive a regular text message. When he attempted to send me a contact using MMS, he received an error message. I did not get this error when I sent.:eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR