iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

rxlouie

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Also seeing a problem when I go to the "Places" button in the Photos App. I get no map data at all, just the gray gridlines. I see the pushpins roughly where they should be relative to each other, and they correspond to the right photos, but the map data doesn't load. I'm on a 3GS over 3G network. It doesn't even look like the photos app is trying to access the network (no spinning data wheel at the top).

I have the same issue on my 3GS.

Calavera302

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Quitting apps is a bit weird:
Double click button, hold active app til it "wobbles", touch "close" button.

For what it's worth, you don't really need to "quit" apps, since they're not really "running". That's the whole point of doing multitasking like they did. I suppose you could make the argument with apps like Skype or Pandora, where they leave threads registered, but their system impact should be extremely minimal, and I believe it's been stated that they'll periodically be stopped if not used for some time, but I might be wrong.

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I updated in about 20 minutes, no issues at all. Only bug I see so far:

In ebuddy, when you try to type in landscape mode, the keyboard is missing the bottom row, and is off to the left. It could be something the ebuddy developers need to fix, or perhaps an OS problem. Not sure.

3GS 3.1.3 -> 4.0

Geoff

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
iPhone 3 / 16 MB here....

I too have the fuzzy pictures and the phone seems slower. After reading the forums today, I've done a hard boot and it seems to be running a bit faster (here's hoping!!)

MC Hampster

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3GS, 3.1.3 -> 4.0

I had my Google Apps ActiveSync/Exchange account contacts/calendar disappear, but they eventually came back. I am pretty sure there were some issues with Google yesterday.

The only real "bug" I feel like I've found is that the shift key on the keyboard doesn't seem to respond quite fast enough anymore.

I am a pretty fast typer, and often when I need to type a couple capital letters in a row, I don't do shift-lock, but instead hit shift and then the letter, then shift and the next letter (like if I was doing 'OS').

However, that doesn't work anymore because the shift doesn't register fast enough before hitting the key. You can probably recreate it yourself. Instead, I get all lowercase letters. I have to hit shift, then hesitate for a moment and then hit the letter to get a capital letter.

Calavera302

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue on my 3GS.

Managed to fix the issue by hard-booting. Other people have said it hasn't worked, but it did for me.

There's a thread at the apple support forums in which I posted this as well, but basically for me at least, a hard-reset fixed the problem (holding power and home buttons both down for 5-10 seconds).

I'd post a link, but my post count isn't high enough. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

Also, for what it's worth, my GMail Push through Exchange seems to be back up and working again, so it looks like Google got their exchange servers straightened out.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Lost "Phone" icon; came back after restart.

I un-jailbroke my 3GS and upgraded to iOS4. Went without a hitch and took less than an hour. But when phone became active again the "Phone" icon -- to make phone calls -- was gone! So weird. Did a reboot and *poof* there it was on the last page of apps. Phew!

Curious if anyone else lost a stock icon?

z1ggy_kh4n

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Iphone 3G, can't seem to install the OS4 update, stalls when its backing up my phone, tried on several occasions, feels like a waste of time. Think I may just wait for my upgrade on 24th!!!!

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Everything's good here, except for the previously loaded pictures (besides my camera roll) getting very crappy resolutions and being very pixelated. Other than that, smooth sailing here...

One question though, what happened to the file sharing thing? Am I missing something or is it just no longer there?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the poor resolution issue at all, but I have checked out the 5 picture limit when sending via email. You can send up to 9 using MMS, but there are not other sharing options! Seems they have been removed!

swoosh1014

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Help!!

Hey guys, I just updated from 3.1.3 to 4.0 and when I manually go in to manage my music I get this -50 error and it won't let me drag any of my files onto my phone... Can anyone help me with this??

disflipissofresh

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Music Player On Sleep Mode

I noticed that when listening to music and the phone goes to sleep(when screen shuts off) then when you trying to change the song or whatever to make the music thing pop up, it don't. You can't double click to make the music pop up on sleep mode, you need to wake it up first then double click to show.

Anyone else having the same problem?

furiousyellow

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I stream music to my car stereo via a Blackberry Connect BT stereo gateway. After the upgrade, I've noticed the audio isn't as loud as it was. I had to turn up the volume of my stereo a few levels to get the same loudness.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods