iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

ElfMinion

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
heres my story. so today they released iOS4 (obviously) but ive had the GM seed for a while as im a dev. Ever since ive had the GM my mail for mobile me has been getting stuck in the cloud. my phone will ding and show a badge for new mail, but it wont push down from the cloud. also, after reading mail it still shows up as an unread message about 30 percent of the time. sooooo...heres what i did.

i called apple and tried to get some help. usually when calling apple, the people are very nice and try to help you any way they can. Well this guy was a complete tool. he has no desire to listen to what i was saying. apparently the day they release a new OS they dont want to hear about the bugs it has. this made me angry. they wanted to charge me 30$ for troubleshooting help. i told him to go **** himself.

thats my story, have any of you had problems like this?

ive got a 16gig iPhone 3GS.

(iPhone 4 on thursday. woot!)

stam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
decided to just let it sit and now it's moving! up to verifying iphone software. i dont know if it's because i deleted alll of my images or not.

dkunzman

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Extra Baggage

decided to just let it sit and now it's moving! up to verifying iphone software. i dont know if it's because i deleted alll of my images or not.

I found with some devices the volume of info on it really has a bad affect - if you minimize it things go smoother.

Likely something in the backup software Apple provides - size or file number limitations...

nccows

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3rd Gen 8 GB touch. When I first downloaded iOS 4, it was super slow on my iPod. The slide to unlock slider took 15 seconds to unlock the iPod. Scrolling through the home screen took forever. It wouldn't even let me make folders in less than 30 seconds. But then, it started getting loads faster. Now it's even faster than it was before the update. However, when the iPod is locked, the screen no longer lights up for me to slide to unlock unless I press the home button. Pressing the power button no longer works for that function. I don't know if that's intended or not, but it kind of makes me mad. After almost a year of pressing the power button, I'll press it up to three times before remembering that the new OS no longer allows me to do that, and then I'll have to press the home button. But iBooks is kind of laggy.

carsonnow

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Can't connect to email server

For some reason, after updating to iOS 4, I can't connect to the server for my email. My inbox is now blank, and I can't figure out how to connect. I tried re-entering my password, but no luck. Is there a trick to this?

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
How do you close a window when you dont want it to multitask?

I heard tap and hold the home button but, not working.

Fzielonka

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Multitasking taking a dump

Couldn't load one of my games to play (High Noon). I then noticed that every other app that i loaded so far since the update is in the multitasking bar! This bogged down my phone tremendously.

When I finally figured out how to shut those apps down in the multitasking bar High Noon loaded up right away.

Seems like a very buggy OS, not like apple's usual work. Any suggestions? Is everything supposed to be optimized for iPhone 4 and it's A4 chip?

myerscb

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
3G not working

I'm having an issue with my service after updating my edge and 3G do not work I can't search anything or even use Internet only text and call work. Only after I use wi-fi can I do everything can anyone help?

I had the same problem. Talked to AT&T who hooked me up with Apple. Apple said to do a restore (from inside iTunes). So I sync'd and then did a restore. 3G worked after that. I am in the process of restoring from my last backup.

dkunzman

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
iTouch 3rd Gen 32gb

Okay - ran the update for my daughters iTouch.
Took about 25 minutes to go through everything then I get "an unknown error has occured (-18)". :eek:

So unhooked, rehooked, redid the update and so far all looks good.
It took 15 minutes this time. I'll post any bugs she runs across.

dixonge

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. Talked to AT&T who hooked me up with Apple. Apple said to do a restore (from inside iTunes). So I sync'd and then did a restore. 3G worked after that. I am in the process of restoring from my last backup.

I tried restoring from my last backup. Didn't fix the issue w/ no data, no edge, no 3g.....

kberry66

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
I was able to sync my 3GS with very little issue, my husband has tried numerous times to sync his 3G and it won't do anything. He isn't very patient, so we may try again this evening. Or he may just wait until he gets his iPhone 4 to mess with the new os.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I lost all my contacts.

This is the very reason one should have their contacts synced via a cloud setup like Google Sync or Mobile Me. There are several of them for the iPhone now.

Switching from one iOS to another is always tricky for backups via iTunes at least that has been my experience. Get the CLOUD! :)

Sorry that you are experiencing this, I know it has to be a pain to recreate all that data and in some cases you probably can't!

RocketmanNY

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Updated my 3GS. Contacts and calendar events, which are sync'ed with Google as an Exchange account, all disappeared. Contacts slowly re-sync'ing (have 25% so far after 2 hrs). Calendar events returned when the sync was set for 1 month back but all disappeared again and not returning now that I have set the default to All Events. A real pain.

Also had the visual voice mail issue but once it asked me for my login code, visual VM returned.

Is there anyway to force the Google sync to occur?

3GS 16G v3.1.3 to v4.0

Last edited:

Smalls

Jun 22, 2010
mygamingnet.co.cc
- Images were low-resolution after update.
- Had to restart a couple of times to get it smooth again.
- Safari is slow when doing anything on it.

Same here....everything works fine except 3g & edge....no data at all...can't seem to find wifi either...

Wifi works well here, it's even staying connected after 30 minutes compared to what it did before.

Last edited: