iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Probably not an bug but I noticed that if you have Pandora playing in the background, it stops if you launch the video camera (stays on with camera). This is most likely so the music isn't picked up in your video but would be nice to have the choice if you wanted the song on the video.

jakestarr

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Lost my Contacts

I had over 500 Contacts on my iPhone and now they're gone. I've restored from my Backup that I made minutes before upgrading to iOS4 and resync'd to no avail. There is no possible way to collect all that info again. HELP!!!!!:mad:

photojojo

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I got a pop up that said "an error occurred while restoring this iPhone (-34)"
No music or pictures went back to my 3G. Just did a sync and it didn't help. On to the restore path now wish me luck. :mad:

UPDATE: I noticed that my sync checked songs was not checked, when I looked at apps the sync apps on top wasn't checked either. I'm going through all of these settings in iTunes and will re-sync.

Last edited:

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site

day_day

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
@BROWNIE having the same problem with my wife's phone. she backed the phone a couple of days go. so it wont let me skip the back up process. Funny thing is I skipped the back up on my phone and i got it downloaded with no problem and that was at 10:14am. this is on 3g

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine took over 2 hours to sync up then crashed. Needed to reboot the PC then restore to factory settings. Now i am trying to restore from backup.

corronchos

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Cannot turn off autolock or adjust passcode time amount when using Exchange Activesync with a google apps account. Suspect it is a problem on Google's end and that need to change the security policy on Google Apps accounts. Anyone else having this issue?

Same here. Auto-Lock is grayed out - can't change it. Require Passcode setting (under Passcode Lock) shows only "Immediate" as a choice. Yes, I have ActiveSync configured for a Google Apps account.

joec222

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Speed Dial Anyone ????

Has anyone found a substitute for the double click to favorites function we LOST.....

I had hoped we might see speed dial from the phone pad like a REAL phone...

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Not so much a bug....but I have been waiting an hour for the "Backing up" screen. I have less than 8 GB on my iPhone and synced it this morning....anybody else having any issues? It is an iPhone 3G.

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
Same here. Auto-Lock is grayed out - can't change it. Require Passcode setting (under Passcode Lock) shows only "Immediate" as a choice. Yes, I have ActiveSync configured for a Google Apps account.
Same here. Good thinking to link it to the Google Apps account. I never would have figured that out. It's really annoying. Is this specifically a Google setting, or does it do it automatically to "protect you" whenever you have an Exchange account?

superunlikely

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

It's a feature.

The iPhone is obeying the settings in your Google Apps domain management setup. If you don't have the Premier edition (aka $50/user), you are stuck with those default settings. The Standard edition won't let you change them.

Note: I am also a Standard edition user/admin and thus have not tested the settings in Premier. YMMV.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Not so much a bug....but I have been waiting an hour for the "Backing up" screen. I have less than 8 GB on my iPhone and synced it this morning....anybody else having any issues? It is an iPhone 3G.

Mine took 2 hours to sync up. then crashed the phone. Now I am restoring. Not sure if I will try iOS4 again or wait a few weeks for the bugs to be fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods