iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

lurchaddams

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see this in the thread, but my phone is no longer "compatible" with my Sony dock music player/clock radio. I have not yet checked my car stereo.

Anyone else having issues with "music docks"?

Similar issue but not a "dock" per se.

iOS 4 breaks USB-to-Car Audio connection.

I have a Pioneer DEH-P5100UB that has worked flawlessly with iPhone 3G running 2.2.1 and with iPhone 3GS running 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.1, & 3.1.2. Yesterday, I upgraded to iOS 4. Now, I get "Not Compatible" or "Error - 19"(connection error). I did a bit of research and it seems that this is happening to both Kenwood and Pioneer units, maybe others as well.

Now, I am stuck listening to radio. WTH? Thanks, Apple!:rolleyes:

MaKin

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

I have a Pioneer DEH-P5100UB that has worked flawlessly with iPhone 3G running 2.2.1 and with iPhone 3GS running 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.1, & 3.1.2. Yesterday, I upgraded to iOS 4. Now, I get "Not Compatible" or "Error - 19"(connection error). I did a bit of research and it seems that this is happening to both Kenwood and Pioneer units, maybe others as well.

I am having the same problem with an isimple i just had installed. Worked fine with 3.1.2, but now says it is not a compatible device. Anyone have a solution??

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Dragon Dictation

Anybody notice the updated Dragon dictation bug?

When you edit with the key board you lose the ability to the short cut to e-mail, text message or copy to clipboard, as well as the red button to add more dictation to the message. (photo)

evansc22

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Glad you posted this. I can confirm that the same problem exists for the DEH-P3100UB. I'm getting a different error, though: "N/A USB"

The manual says this:

CAUSE: "The USB storage device connected to is not supported by this unit."
ACTION: "Connect a USB storage device that is USB Mass Storage Class compliannt."

So, did iOS4 somehow change the way the iPhone 3Gs reports its Mass Storage Class? I sure wish they'd fix this. I own two of these Pioneer units and now they're both not working properly!! Curse you APPLE! :mad:

evansc22

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Update was slow but smooth for me.
Noticing a lag in the home button action and a serious loss in battery life vs pre-iOS 4.

I noticed the battery life issues right away as well. This may be completely unrelated, but the battery life SEEMS to have gotten better after letting the unit run all the way down a few times, and then fully charging. It probably has nothing to do with it, but it seems to be better. I sure hope something makes it better. As it stands now, I'll be lucky to get through half a day.

evansc22

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I found a post on the Apple Forums...someone suggested a hard reset...

I reset my phone (hold both buttons down until the phone goes off), and hooked it to my Pioneer head unit, and it works now. Seems strange...but I'll take it.

...as it relates to the Pioneer & Kenwood units not recognizing the device after the iOS4 upgrade....

mbartel500

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Does iBooks do PDFs?

Maybe a bug.....maybe not

I have sent several PDFs to my email, but when I click on them, isn't iBooks supposed to load them up? I get no joy. I hope someone can give a detailed description of how they got a PDF from email to iBooks

Thanks

bold move

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
it stopped sometime in the night - restarted this morning and then there were problems and it automatically begain reinstalling apps and music and video - took forever - 2.5 hours later still updating the email - all appears very slow.

omg_its_kerri

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Just tested mine and it's working fine

With two additional restores and re-installations of the new OS, my MMS is working fine. I did forget to un-jailbreak my phone before installing iOS 4 the first time, though, and i'm positive that had something to do with it (DUH).

All is well now, though!

chris.mccullor

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I need some help with the push Gmail on my phone. I have a black 3G 16GB iPhone. Please help. What do I do to make the push work on my phone? I've already deleted my account and re registered it on my phone.

lurchaddams

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I found a post on the Apple Forums...someone suggested a hard reset...

I reset my phone (hold both buttons down until the phone goes off), and hooked it to my Pioneer head unit, and it works now. Seems strange...but I'll take it.

...as it relates to the Pioneer & Kenwood units not recognizing the device after the iOS4 upgrade....

I can CONFIRM that this works!

My exact steps to resolve issue
  1. Press the LOCK and HOLD buttons until the phone turns off
  2. Select the appropriate input on the car audio reciever
  3. Connect the USB cable to the unit and phone
  4. Wait for the phone to power on COMPLETELY
  5. Open the iPod controls on the phone (or select song through the unit). Press Play
  6. Enjoy!!!!

I am way beyond happy about this working! Thanks to evansc22!

jponte55

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
'DFU mode' ?? Please explain!

I found this solution for the no data after 4.0 update on 3GS and it worked for me. Option two below was the right choice for me due to not having to do full restore. Hopefully Apple releases an actual fix but everything seeems to be working properly with this configuration. Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread

"I got this problem on my 3GS, no 3g after upgrading to version 4.0 GM. I found only two solutions.

1. start a new configuration
2. go to the web site www,unlockit,co,nz Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone on your iphone and follow the instructions.

For now, I used option 2, maybe apple will issue a fix. In my opinion, there is probably a file permission error on the carrier ipcc file."

btw, I had to use commas for the url due to this being my first post. Obviously change those to periods and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Enzo#IM

May 14, 2010
Visit site
my update went fine. My apps are good. My home screen bookmarks to web pages is jacked up. Even after deleting them and recreating em they will not open safari. My iphone 3g is slower, my inbox freezes and crashes. IOS 4 did nothing for My iphone 3G and seams like a waist since I see no benefit from updating to 4 vs. 3.2 or whatever. This IOS is the same that comes with iPhone 4 I believe it's lacking. Also if the ios 4 for iPad does not fix my wifi issue's im going to be pissed. $600 iPad that I cant use for what I actually bought it for. I really like apple products but WTF fix this stuff It's minor and easy to do.

pdc1

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
iTouch 32GB 3rd gen 3.1.2 (no JB) -> 4.0

Didn't go so well, but ultimately successful. Fortunately the upgrade skipped the slow backup step since it already had one from syncing. At first the upgrade seemed to go okay, but got an error before it really started. Then the unit was stuck in DFU mode (more like FU mode I think ;) ). Kept getting 1604 errors. Found a neat solution: when iTunes says it is connecting, but nothing is happening on the device, open task manager and kill iTunes. Then restart iTunes and it connects and restores just fine.

After the restore, I did not have music or video, but then I had iTunes set to manually manage. A little more manual than I thought :mad: I have around a zillion apps (too many free app of the minute sites out there) so it took a long time to resync, but once I got past the 1604 error everything went smoothly.

Wifi works just fine after the restore, I didn't even have to re-enter any passwords. I haven't noticed any problems with apps, but I haven't done much with the device so far.

Like: Folders! Though gosh those mini icons are small! Fingers crossed for retina display on iTouch 4th gen this September :D

Dislike: Home screen backgrounds. Give me an option for solid colors! There's way too many visual styles with all the icons to add to the visual noise with backgrounds. You'd think Apple would get this.

Not sure: Multitasking. I don't want every app I run cluttering up my running apps bar. Yeah, you can remove them, but it's a pain if you are running a lot of random apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711