Also seeing a problem when I go to the "Places" button in the Photos App. I get no map data at all, just the gray gridlines. I see the pushpins roughly where they should be relative to each other, and they correspond to the right photos, but the map data doesn't load. I'm on a 3GS over 3G network. It doesn't even look like the photos app is trying to access the network (no spinning data wheel at the top).
    I have the same issue on my 3GS.
    06-22-2010 02:52 PM
    Went home at lunch today and ran the upgrade. 20 minutes done!

Works flawlessly. Zero problems!

3Gs 3.13 --> 4.0
    06-22-2010 02:59 PM
    Quitting apps is a bit weird:
    Double click button, hold active app til it "wobbles", touch "close" button.
    For what it's worth, you don't really need to "quit" apps, since they're not really "running". That's the whole point of doing multitasking like they did. I suppose you could make the argument with apps like Skype or Pandora, where they leave threads registered, but their system impact should be extremely minimal, and I believe it's been stated that they'll periodically be stopped if not used for some time, but I might be wrong.
    06-22-2010 03:02 PM
    I updated in about 20 minutes, no issues at all. Only bug I see so far:

In ebuddy, when you try to type in landscape mode, the keyboard is missing the bottom row, and is off to the left. It could be something the ebuddy developers need to fix, or perhaps an OS problem. Not sure.

3GS 3.1.3 -> 4.0
    06-22-2010 03:06 PM
    Just found one minor issue:
    One or two calendar entries doubled.
    06-22-2010 03:24 PM
    iPhone 3 / 16 MB here....

I too have the fuzzy pictures and the phone seems slower. After reading the forums today, I've done a hard boot and it seems to be running a bit faster (here's hoping!!)
    06-22-2010 03:47 PM
    iPhone 3GS, 3.1.3 -> 4.0

I had my Google Apps ActiveSync/Exchange account contacts/calendar disappear, but they eventually came back. I am pretty sure there were some issues with Google yesterday.

The only real "bug" I feel like I've found is that the shift key on the keyboard doesn't seem to respond quite fast enough anymore.

I am a pretty fast typer, and often when I need to type a couple capital letters in a row, I don't do shift-lock, but instead hit shift and then the letter, then shift and the next letter (like if I was doing 'OS').

However, that doesn't work anymore because the shift doesn't register fast enough before hitting the key. You can probably recreate it yourself. Instead, I get all lowercase letters. I have to hit shift, then hesitate for a moment and then hit the letter to get a capital letter.
    06-22-2010 04:12 PM
    I have the same issue on my 3GS.
    Managed to fix the issue by hard-booting. Other people have said it hasn't worked, but it did for me.

There's a thread at the apple support forums in which I posted this as well, but basically for me at least, a hard-reset fixed the problem (holding power and home buttons both down for 5-10 seconds).

I'd post a link, but my post count isn't high enough. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

Also, for what it's worth, my GMail Push through Exchange seems to be back up and working again, so it looks like Google got their exchange servers straightened out.
    06-22-2010 04:26 PM
    I un-jailbroke my 3GS and upgraded to iOS4. Went without a hitch and took less than an hour. But when phone became active again the "Phone" icon -- to make phone calls -- was gone! So weird. Did a reboot and *poof* there it was on the last page of apps. Phew!

Curious if anyone else lost a stock icon?
    06-22-2010 05:25 PM
    Anyone else lose MMS?
    Yeah... just gone... even from the photos folder. Anyone get it back yet?
    06-22-2010 06:15 PM
    Iphone 3G, can't seem to install the OS4 update, stalls when its backing up my phone, tried on several occasions, feels like a waste of time. Think I may just wait for my upgrade on 24th!!!!
    06-22-2010 06:18 PM
    Everything's good here, except for the previously loaded pictures (besides my camera roll) getting very crappy resolutions and being very pixelated. Other than that, smooth sailing here...

One question though, what happened to the file sharing thing? Am I missing something or is it just no longer there?
    06-22-2010 06:19 PM
    I don't see the poor resolution issue at all, but I have checked out the 5 picture limit when sending via email. You can send up to 9 using MMS, but there are not other sharing options! Seems they have been removed!
    06-22-2010 07:13 PM
    Hey guys, I just updated from 3.1.3 to 4.0 and when I manually go in to manage my music I get this -50 error and it won't let me drag any of my files onto my phone... Can anyone help me with this??
    06-22-2010 07:35 PM
    I noticed that when listening to music and the phone goes to sleep(when screen shuts off) then when you trying to change the song or whatever to make the music thing pop up, it don't. You can't double click to make the music pop up on sleep mode, you need to wake it up first then double click to show.

Anyone else having the same problem?
    06-22-2010 07:52 PM
    ^^^Iam but i believe thats just the change apple made but i can be wrong
    06-22-2010 07:55 PM
    ^^^Iam but i believe thats just the change apple made but i can be wrong
    Just kinda annoying having to double click or sometimes 4 times to make it show.
    06-22-2010 08:04 PM
    I know it bothers me too i thought it was kind of strange hopefully the iphone 4 wont do that
    06-22-2010 08:21 PM
    Any chance anybody can help with this issue at all?!
    http://forum.tipb.com/showthread.php...06#post1587506

Thanks
    06-22-2010 08:26 PM
    I stream music to my car stereo via a Blackberry Connect BT stereo gateway. After the upgrade, I've noticed the audio isn't as loud as it was. I had to turn up the volume of my stereo a few levels to get the same loudness.
    06-22-2010 09:34 PM
    i lost my data connection entirely but mobileme worked fine, i try reset, restore, deleting google apps but did not work. i had to restore as a new iphone and manuel re-install everything and now it works. except for my contact with sync with google are on my phone one minute and next not.
    Love apple and hope they fix soon will be most disappointed if my iphone 4 has this bugs.
    06-22-2010 10:04 PM
    My update on my 3G was a nightmare. It took over 2+ hours and basically wiped my phone clean. Then it restored it from backup - but it erased all my custom contact data (like ringtones, pictures, etc.), it erased my calendar, and it reset all my games (I'll have to beat PvZ again!).

However, once I fixed what of that I could - I did the best I could, considering there is a high likelihood that my iPhone 4 will arrive tomorrow - I did notice that my 3G was way faster, I love the foldering options and the fact that it now easily syncs with my Google calendar means I should no longer have to deal with not having a decent calendar backup.

If someone could answer this though: when iTunes backs up your iPhone and then it restores it from a backup, what the heck is it restoring? (I.e., mine did not restore my calendar, my lock screen wallpaper, my saved games, etc.)
    06-22-2010 10:07 PM
    Bluetooth Bug:

While using the ipod application with a BT with A2DP, then receive a phone call, but utilize the phone to talk on the phone, THEN the BT refuses to reconnect after you END the call..

how to fix: you need to reset the BT. this is a pain in the butt for my CAR, because to reset the BT in the car, you need to cycle the car power... it ought to be interesting while driving on the highway
    06-22-2010 10:08 PM
    I upgraded my 3G to iOS 4 and have a couple of questions:

(1) There are supposedly new features in the Photos app, including different ways to sort and view your photos. I don't see any differences. I have a ton of photos in my "Camera Roll," but I do not sync with any desktop programs or folders. Is this why I don't see any difference in my Photos app, or am I missing something?

(2) I know that Game Center isn't being incorporated until end of summer, but many people claim to have the icon. I do not have a Game Center icon. Did it not install properly, or is this normal?

(3) Now that we can have more than 1 Exchange account, I deleted my Gmail IMAP account and added it through Exchange so that I could use Push. However, now my "labels" do not appear as folders on the iPhone, precluding me from labeling emails on my iPhone. Is this only available through IMAP, or did I miss a setting somewhere? Anybody know?

Thanks in advance.
    06-22-2010 11:30 PM
    GadgetGuru72...

1. New "Places" tab in photos only available if you geo-tagged ur photos. The new "Events" & "Faces" tab only available if u sync via iPhoto on a Mac.
    2. U shouldn't have an icon.
    3. I have the same problem.
    06-23-2010 12:27 AM
404 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD