I got a pop up that said "an error occurred while restoring this iPhone (-34)"
    No music or pictures went back to my 3G. Just did a sync and it didn't help. On to the restore path now wish me luck.

UPDATE: I noticed that my sync checked songs was not checked, when I looked at apps the sync apps on top wasn't checked either. I'm going through all of these settings in iTunes and will re-sync.
    Last edited by photojojo; 06-21-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    06-21-2010 03:39 PM
    Only can store 12 in folders on my Iphone; think this is what they quoted.
    Your right my bad, my math isn't very good today lol
    06-21-2010 03:40 PM
    Anyone else lose MMS?
    06-21-2010 03:48 PM
    I have an exchange account, but can't seem to get Google push to work using these instructions. Anyone else having this issue? This was a feature I really wanted out of iOS 4.

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help
    06-21-2010 03:50 PM
    I have an exchange account, but can't seem to get Google push to work using these instructions. Anyone else having this issue? This was a feature I really wanted out of iOS 4.

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help
    Got it working but it's hit or miss. Will work one second then claim it cant contact the server the next, yet seems to work fine and consistently on my ipad with the same settings.
    06-21-2010 03:54 PM
    @BROWNIE having the same problem with my wife's phone. she backed the phone a couple of days go. so it wont let me skip the back up process. Funny thing is I skipped the back up on my phone and i got it downloaded with no problem and that was at 10:14am. this is on 3g
    06-21-2010 03:55 PM
    Mine took over 2 hours to sync up then crashed. Needed to reboot the PC then restore to factory settings. Now i am trying to restore from backup.
    06-21-2010 03:56 PM
    I have the same problem with the low res pics. But not in the camera roll.
    06-21-2010 03:57 PM
    Cannot turn off autolock or adjust passcode time amount when using Exchange Activesync with a google apps account. Suspect it is a problem on Google's end and that need to change the security policy on Google Apps accounts. Anyone else having this issue?
    Same here. Auto-Lock is grayed out - can't change it. Require Passcode setting (under Passcode Lock) shows only "Immediate" as a choice. Yes, I have ActiveSync configured for a Google Apps account.
    06-21-2010 04:08 PM
    Has anyone found a substitute for the double click to favorites function we LOST.....

I had hoped we might see speed dial from the phone pad like a REAL phone...
    06-21-2010 04:08 PM
    Not so much a bug....but I have been waiting an hour for the "Backing up" screen. I have less than 8 GB on my iPhone and synced it this morning....anybody else having any issues? It is an iPhone 3G.
    06-21-2010 04:13 PM
    Same here. Auto-Lock is grayed out - can't change it. Require Passcode setting (under Passcode Lock) shows only "Immediate" as a choice. Yes, I have ActiveSync configured for a Google Apps account.
    Same here. Good thinking to link it to the Google Apps account. I never would have figured that out. It's really annoying. Is this specifically a Google setting, or does it do it automatically to "protect you" whenever you have an Exchange account?
    06-21-2010 04:17 PM
    It's a feature.

The iPhone is obeying the settings in your Google Apps domain management setup. If you don't have the Premier edition (aka $50/user), you are stuck with those default settings. The Standard edition won't let you change them.

Note: I am also a Standard edition user/admin and thus have not tested the settings in Premier. YMMV.
    06-21-2010 04:21 PM
    I no longer have Visual Voicemail. Touching the voicemail tab dials the old-style non-iPhone voicemail.
    06-21-2010 04:24 PM
    Not so much a bug....but I have been waiting an hour for the "Backing up" screen. I have less than 8 GB on my iPhone and synced it this morning....anybody else having any issues? It is an iPhone 3G.
    Mine took 2 hours to sync up. then crashed the phone. Now I am restoring. Not sure if I will try iOS4 again or wait a few weeks for the bugs to be fixed.
    06-21-2010 04:25 PM
    Mine took 2 hours to sync up. then crashed the phone. Now I am restoring. Not sure if I will try iOS4 again or wait a few weeks for the bugs to be fixed.
    Thanks...At least it's not just me
    I hope that it will come through.
    06-21-2010 04:27 PM
    To bypass the long backup:

Download the iOS 4.0 from iTunes. Backup the iphone manually. Then shift and click restore instead of update. Browse to username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates and restore from that file. After iTunes has installed the OS...instead of setting up as a new phone just restore from a previous backup. This should not take more then 20 minutes to complete and its much quicker then waiting for the backup using the update option.
    06-21-2010 04:28 PM
    there's definitely a bug on mine don't know if its on any of yours but, my phone shows that i have no songs unless i go t my playlist and the songs are there. but when going to settings>general> about, songs shows 0. whats up with that?
    06-21-2010 04:29 PM
    I'm having an issue with my service after updating my edge and 3G do not work I can't search anything or even use Internet only text and call work. Only after I use wi-fi can I do everything can anyone help?
    06-21-2010 04:30 PM
    Anyone noticing a certain lag on Safari? Most notably when zooming. Whether double-tapping or
    or doing the finger-out swipe.
    06-21-2010 04:36 PM
    I no longer have Visual Voicemail. Touching the voicemail tab dials the old-style non-iPhone voicemail.
    Mine was the same. I called voicemail, listened to an old message and hung up. It popped up a window requesting my passcode. Entered it and went back into VM and back to visual vm now
    Has anyone found a substitute for the double click to favorites function we LOST.....

I had hoped we might see speed dial from the phone pad like a REAL phone...
    I think I read somewhere else this morning. that you now have to double click and then hold to get the favorites.
    I had this problem as well. I tried it a couple times, then it finally asked me for my vm password. Now it works.
    06-21-2010 04:39 PM
    Field Test no longer exists. *3001*#12345# doesn't do a damn thing. A view of the file structure shows the app missing.
    06-21-2010 04:42 PM
    I tried this on my backup phone first.
    Several issues.

1. Yahoo mail sync not working correctly - reinstalled but problem still exists.
    2. In order to update OS, had to remove a lot of songs/apps. With everything on board was erroring out. Minimized songs/apps - updated with no problem. Same issue reported for 3.x updates
    3. WiFi cutting out repeatedly. After remove and reinstall wifi data and access codes working okay.
    4. Most photos messed up - pixelated. Deleted and reinstall fixed issue.
    5. Had to reinstall DocsToGo - failed to resync with exchange mailbox.
    6. Camera takes a lot longer to load
    7. CAmera click soung delayed till after shutter
    8. Camera photo resolution lower
    9. Google Maps - clicking Hide Traffic reloads maps
    10. Kindle takes much longer to load
    11. Setting: Settings in this area for a number of apps have disappeared - reloading app fixes for a couple I have tried
    12. Zoom feature is sloowwww in both Maps
    13. Zoom feature slow in Safari
    14. Double tap in safari will either scroll or zoom in/out - double tapping in same spot can get both reactions
    15. Hourly email push (yahoo) results in listing of 24 unread emails but - 4 have content, the other 20 are blank with no content.

more to come
    Last edited by dkunzman; 06-21-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: update
    06-21-2010 04:46 PM
404 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD