iPhone apps for kids - Captain Duck

RMarieClaire

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ahoy there! I would love to introduce you to a new iPhone picture book application from HarperCollins Publishers and Stepworks: Captain Duck by one of the UK?s most highly regarded children's authors, Jez Alborough.

A video of the app can be found on Youtube.

This story book app tells of the hilarious antics of Duck and friends, and features Jez Alborough?s original artwork, beautifully enhanced with animation and the ability to touch the screen for sound effects like quacks and splashes. Parents and children can swipe the screen to turn the page, and choose whether to read alone or read along with Matt Lucas? brilliant audio rendition.

The application is priced ?0.59 and will be available worldwide on Apple?s App Store. Captain Duck is part of the immersive Duck series, and will be the perfect companion to the interactive iPhone editions of Duck in the Truck, already available on store, and Fix-It Duck, which will follow later this year. The Duck series features entertaining, character based stories that provide children with a fun and colourful way to develop their reading skills.

What do you think about iPhone apps for kids? Are they the future of young learning, or just a trend? I'd love to hear your thoughts. They seem to sell OK, and get good coverage from Apple, but do you really think you'd give your iPhone/iPad to a child?... maybe you already do?

RMarieClaire

anewmac

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
What do you think about iPhone apps for kids? Are they the future of young learning, or just a trend? I'd love to hear your thoughts. They seem to sell OK, and get good coverage from Apple, but do you really think you'd give your iPhone/iPad to a child?... maybe you already do?

RMarieClaire

Sometimes I let my kids play with mine. Usually while we are waiting for our name to be called at a resturant LOL. They will play checkers or Dots hang man etc together (mine are 12, and 7) i recently got a states and capitals app for my 12 yr old as he was having a test on them and at night I let him "play" for 30mins and I really think this helped him get a almost perfect score (he forgot Wisconson's Capital LOL) He was so excited to be able to "play" on moms iphone he really forgot he was learning. Together we all do a learning spanish app.

I really think this is the turn of the future. Long ago kids wouldnt be caught dead on the computer, now mine make and edit movies, and their ipod playlist. LOL Its a sign of the times!

I will be sure to check out the book on youtube also of yours! Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro