I invested my bonus and all I got was... a pretty cool iPhone game!

chrgosselin

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm writing today to tell you about Papa Meatballs, a fun casual iPhone game for the whole family that I created with two good friends of mine. We're really excited about the game and the story behind it is pretty interesting as well.

First, I'm not a professional game developer. I don't even work close to the game industry. I'm just a regular guy who loves the iPhone and the ability to play great games on it. I had it on my mind for a while to create a casual game for iPhone that my 4-year-old son could play (plus I thought it'd be pretty awesome for him to be able to say his dad made a video game!). A couple of months ago, I got a bonus check from work. Hmmm! What should I do with it? Spend it on new Apple gear? Donate it to TiPb so you guys can keep producing great content? Take my wife on a trip to Hawaii? No. Instead, I assembled a small team of three (including me!) and I invested all of my bonus in creating Papa Meatballs (sorry, maybe I'll be able to spare some of my bonus for you next year!).

Papa Meatballs is a new twist on the classic "Shell Game" played on the streets of New York City. A renowned chef from Little Italy, Papa Meatballs needs as many meatballs as he can get his hands on to cook his world-famous spaghetti sauce. However, his mischievous kitchen helpers like to play tricks on him by hiding the meatballs under pasta bowls and mixing them up.

Papa Meatballs has to find the bowl under which the meatball is hiding. Every time he succeeds, a meatball is added to the pot, thus increasing his score. If he fails, the game ends and there won't be any spaghetti for dinner tonight!

Papa Meatballs offers three levels of difficulty, each with a specific number of bowls in play: easy (3 bowls), normal (4 bowls) and hard (5 bowls). As Papa Meatballs progresses, the pasta bowls move faster and various distractions are randomly added to the mix to stir the pot.

All in all, Papa Meatballs is a fun casual game with entertaining music that people can enjoy by themselves or with the whole family!

Papa Meatballs is available now for $0.99 on the App Store (Papa Meatballs for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store). The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad and requires iPhone OS 3.1.3 or later.

It'd be really great if you could take some time to give Papa Meatballs a try and tell your friends about it.

Cheers!

P.S. Don't worry about my wife, I'm still taking her on a trip this summer, only not to Hawaii!

Christian
christian@oddplan.com
==========
Facebook: oddplan studios | Facebook
Twitter: oddplan studios (oddplan) on Twitter

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73