Hello,

I've already searched everywhere and didn't find anything so I'm looking for some help. I updated to iOS4 yesterday, but I can't get Pandora to run in the background as several articles suggest it should. When I click the home button, it stops playing. Or if I double-click the home and switch to another app, it stops playing. Is that a bug or did I misunderstand how it's supposed to work? I got iTunes streaming podcasts to work in the background, but not being able to do it with Pandora is a real bummer.

Thanks!
    06-18-2010 06:28 AM
    Pandora hasn't released their updated app in the app store yet. Should be out soon.
    06-18-2010 06:34 AM
    Yeah, I think Steve was using a pre-release build of Pandora during WWDC as he was showing off multi-tasking. You know he gets all the cool toys first.
    06-18-2010 07:45 AM
    there are very few apps so far... i think like 4 that im aware of... I believe programs like skype and pandora that were demo'd with the iOS4 background stuff, aren't released to the public yet..
    06-18-2010 09:05 AM
    Makes sense. Thanks!
    06-18-2010 09:07 AM
    @Libuff
    Yes, you're right, there are very few os4 updated apps available right now, I'm sure devs have submitted their updates already (most), but let's not forget there is an approval process ha. On the 21st we will see tons of os4 apps flying out of the store.
    06-18-2010 09:10 AM
    as far as the drop box app... its a bit buggy, or maybe has "features"... in particular, it saves state when you swap in/out of the app... but when you get back into it, it doesn't refresh the contents of your drop box, so you have to change views for it to refresh...
    06-18-2010 11:59 AM
    as far as the drop box app... its a bit buggy, or maybe has "features"... in particular, it saves state when you swap in/out of the app... but when you get back into it, it doesn't refresh the contents of your drop box, so you have to change views for it to refresh...
    It's a frozen state, it's like you never left the app. But yeah, they could add a refresh when the resume function it executed.
    06-18-2010 12:58 PM
    It also doesn't support task-finishing.. Tried uploading a video, switching tasks and then switching back... No luck. It "finished" as a broken file.
    06-18-2010 01:40 PM
    I'm sure all they did was recompile it with iOS 4 SDk which automatically adds the suspend state. Everything else must be coded.
    06-18-2010 03:06 PM
    thats cheezy... do it the right way..
    06-18-2010 03:13 PM
    @Libuff
    Yes, you're right, there are very few os4 updated apps available right now, I'm sure devs have submitted their updates already (most), but let's not forget there is an approval process ha. On the 21st we will see tons of os4 apps flying out of the store.
    I wouldn't count on that. Not every developer has submitted a new version of their app yet. Most, like me, prefer to wait until we finish with a new feature before OS4 compiling it. Also due to the number of apps being submitted this week along with WWDC last week, the app review process is taking ages. But I still expect a timely release for updated apps in the following week(s) after iOS 4 is pushed out.
    06-18-2010 04:39 PM
    as far as the drop box app
    06-20-2010 02:27 AM
    Probably, if an App now supports iOS4 only, than the upgrades will be available not before the OS is available
    06-21-2010 04:28 AM
    Pandora iOS4 update just released... Nice...
    06-21-2010 12:48 PM
    thats cheezy... do it the right way..
    Developers are lazy.

What? I'm lazy when it comes to throwing in new features to my website.
    06-21-2010 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD