Official TiPb apps updated to iOS 4 thread

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Found an app updated with iOS 4 functionality (not just compatibility). Retina display resolution, multitasking API, task completion, local notification, what have you got?

If you find something, please leave the name and list the cool new functionality in a reply.

DropBox just popped up in my updates. Looks like it's backgrounding. Going to test it out now...

kevlar x

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Evernote people just listed how they support ios4 features in latest update;

Where was I?
iOS4 supports fast app switching, which means that whenever you leave an app, you?ll be able to return to where you left off. Evernote supports this feature, so you can leave the app while creating a note, viewing a note, doing a search, or just about anything else and you?ll come back to the same exact spot.

In the background
The new operating allows applications to continue performing certain tasks even after the user exists the app. In Evernote?s case, the following operations can occur in the background:

?Download note headers: notebooks names, note titles, tags, and other meta data for the note list
?Sync new notes: the app will upload any new or edited notes that are in your pending queue
To ensure that Evernote does not hog your battery and bandwidth without your knowledge, the application does not perform the Premium offline notebook sync when the application is closed.

Keep talking
Audio note now continue recording even when you leave the application. This is useful if you begin recording and audio note and need to reference something you have in another application. To end the recording, simply tap on the red Evernote bar to quickly return to Evernote.

Cjchase95

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Convertbot

Convertbot has also allowed for saved state while switching apps. Now that it and Pastebot have been updated, expect Tapbot's third app, Weightbot, to be updated as well. It might have been already but I don't know as I don't have it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73