kindle app DESTROYS ibooks imo

angelababy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
We couldn't find some books today on the ibook store so we decided to try the kindle app. Not only does the kindle app have more books, but on average it seems like books in paperback are about four to five dollars cheaper than in ibooks. Plus the app itself is much more smooth and less laggy. No loading pages forever, etc.

Just one mans opinion....if you don't need to convert and import books...I highly recommend kindle over ibooks. Ill never buy another ibooks book again, that's for sure.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And if you like the Kindle reader, try the Nook (B&N) reader. Barnes and Noble has tons of inexpensive ebooks.

And then there's uBooks, which will read all those old format books that you've had on your hard drive for years. It's not as smooth, but it's free, and reads everything from epub to pdf.

angelababy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
And if you like the Kindle reader, try the Nook (B&N) reader. Barnes and Noble has tons of inexpensive ebooks.

And then there's uBooks, which will read all those old format books that you've had on your hard drive for years. It's not as smooth, but it's free, and reads everything from epub to pdf.

I have found it by google. It is the new comfortable app, created to make the reading of electronic books much more pleasant and comfortable! I think it's so useful, after all, it's free:D

Alex214

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, are you an amazon employee or something?

I disagree, for one, you barely talk about the apps themselves. The kindle app is very "unpolished" and doesn't have fancy curls or the great highlighting.

Secondly, the prices of the books and the iBookstore selection are not at all in any way related to the apps themselves.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The apps are nearly identical. The important part here is the price of the books. And the fact that if you use the B&N reader, you can share some books, which you can't do with the Kindle reader.

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow, are you an amazon employee or something?

I disagree, for one, you barely talk about the apps themselves. The kindle app is very "unpolished" and doesn't have fancy curls or the great highlighting.

Secondly, the prices of the books and the iBookstore selection are not at all in any way related to the apps themselves.

The Kindle app does have note-taking and highlighting capability currently, and personally I prefer the Kindle's no-nonsense approach over iBooks' "simulated book" approach with phony book interface (the center spine, cover, riffled pages along the edge, and animated page flip). It's sole advantage over the Kindle app is integrated brightness control, at least for me. Though I've got the same number of titles in each, I've read more in Kindle than iBooks.

angelababy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The apps are nearly identical. The important part here is the price of the books. And the fact that if you use the B&N reader, you can share some books, which you can't do with the Kindle reader.

Thank you!!! It's difficult to find my books which I need, so I trust Kindle Store. The price of the books is secondary.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Yes! I LOVE that I can share the books with my mom. Saves us money.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR