View Poll Results: Do you like Gowalla or Foursquare better and why?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gowalla

4 66.67%
  • Foursquare

2 33.33%
    Both of these apps are starting to get very hot. Just wanted to know why you like one or the other. I find you can get real prizes in Foursquare, but don't know too much about Gowalla.
    05-05-2010 09:32 PM
    I've only ever used Foursquare, but, I keep forgetting to 'check-in'

Terrible really...
    05-05-2010 10:05 PM
    i prefer foursquare over gowalla, but have noticed i use it less and less as time goes on.

seems alot of people just checkin anywhere they are close to just to do it...almost like a popularity contest. i got over that in high school. smh.
    05-07-2010 07:33 PM
    I am still using Gowalla mostly but like most I forget to check-in most of the time. Of course most of the time I am talking on the phone when I am out and I am too busy to remember!:o
    05-08-2010 08:11 AM
    Both of those are so popular. I just don't understand the concept. What does it get you when you check in at these different places? I don't understand.
    05-11-2010 04:47 PM
    Both of those are so popular. I just don't understand the concept. What does it get you when you check in at these different places? I don't understand.
    You can get actual prizes. I have a place that if I have 20 check-ins as Mayor I receive a T-shirt. I have read other people getting dinners and free desserts.

Can't tell ya where, but they are out there. Just something fun to do to see where your friends are.
    05-11-2010 07:10 PM
    I primarily use Gowalla. I like the fact that it's not a contest because then I don't feel like a loser for never winning :P

However! I use Foursquare for ONE place... the single place I'm a mayor of. It's a coffee shop down the street from my office
    05-11-2010 09:11 PM
    I am also always forgetting to check in places. I like Foursquare because of its ease of use but really... a contest about how many places I go to? Kind of boring. Now if I were 20 and back in college and in to the whole getting drunk scene, then sure. It would be fun to see who can bar-hop the most. God knows, the more badges you have and the more mayorships, the better your life will turn out in the future ::jab::

I just downloaded Gowalla, basically because of Chad. So far i'm liking it. I have it on both the iPad and iPhone and have not checked in a single place yet because it does have a learning curve I think. I agree with llofte about the feeling like a loser, but yet... she beat me bad at Words with Friends so not sure why she is using the "loser-card" lol
    Last edited by Guzman; 05-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    05-11-2010 10:08 PM
    Currently I don't use either of these, however if I were to use one I think it would be Gowalla. I'm looking at their trips now and it seems like a novel way to explore new areas. It looks like as of right now the trips are limited but I think as the network grows they will hopefully expand this area.
    05-11-2010 11:30 PM
    I primarily use Gowalla. I like the fact that it's not a contest because then I don't feel like a loser for never winning :P
    I never thought of it that way. But you're right, I really don't need to be in a competition (Earn badges! Win free stuff by visiting the same pace 87 times in a week!) about my very limited travels. I suppose if I was a free wheelin' bachelor whose life revolved around how many bars, pickup places, etc. I could go to in a day, then my mindset might be different. I'll have to look into this Gowalla thing.
    05-12-2010 09:07 AM
    You can get actual prizes. I have a place that if I have 20 check-ins as Mayor I receive a T-shirt. I have read other people getting dinners and free desserts.

Can't tell ya where, but they are out there. Just something fun to do to see where your friends are.
    I see. Interesting. I'll have to get Foursquare. I haven't seen the Gowalla interface. I'm all about the visuals. Which one has the best UI?
    05-12-2010 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD