Twitter for iPhone App officially coming soon

cwb#IM

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who updated their Tweetie today saw the surprise (a slot game that eventually says Twitter is coming soon). Do you think the offiical twitter app will replace all the other twitter apps out there?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If the slot machine is any indication, I think there will remain a lot of room for many other Twitter clients for iPhone. (What a tremendous waste of someone's valuable programming time!)

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I think everyone has their own tastes in what they want in a Twitter app so I don't think it'll replace the other apps. I bought Tweetie 2 bit I rarely use it. I'm hoping that'll change once it's an official Twitter app. Then maybe I can delete all the other apps I use for Twitter. Lol I hope they do decide to make SocialScope for iPhone. That was the best Twitter app IMHO. :)

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I think everyone has their own tastes in what they want in a Twitter app so I don't think it'll replace the other apps. I bought Tweetie 2 bit I rarely use it. I'm hoping that'll change once it's an official Twitter app. Then maybe I can delete all the other apps I use for Twitter. Lol I hope they do decide to make SocialScope for iPhone. That was the best Twitter app IMHO. :)

I received an email that SocialScope for iPhone is in beta. I was a beta tester for it when it was developed for the BlackBerry. It and BerryWeather are the two apps I miss the most since changing to the iPhone.

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Any Updates??

Hopefully on 2.10.11 I'll have my first iPhone in hand. Switching from blackberry.....my must have app is SocialScope. Any updates on it being on the iPhone yet?

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully on 2.10.11 I'll have my first iPhone in hand. Switching from blackberry.....my must have app is SocialScope. Any updates on it being on the iPhone yet?

Considering how long they spent tinkering with the BB version, I don't think it will ever even come completely out on iPhone.. Slow devs..

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Considering how long they spent tinkering with the BB version, I don't think it will ever even come completely out on iPhone.. Slow devs..

+1 ... EXCEEDINGLY slow devs.

They'll also have to adjust their update "philosophy". They were notorious for releasing updates to the BB community on a very ad-hoc basis. Some people got updates while many were left wanting. And they only released SS by invitation, which also really annoyed the BB community at large. No invite, no app. (Didn't want to overload their servers....so they said).

I'm thinking that if they want to release an iPhone version, they better get their servers in shape since any release if via the App Store and becomes available to any that want to try/buy.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

+1.

There are a number of good twitter clients for the iPhone... Osfoora is my current favorite... and I was a huge SS fan on the BB...

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
+1 ... EXCEEDINGLY slow devs.

They'll also have to adjust their update "philosophy". They were notorious for releasing updates to the BB community on a very ad-hoc basis. Some people got updates while many were left wanting. And they only released SS by invitation, which also really annoyed the BB community at large. No invite, no app. (Didn't want to overload their servers....so they said).

I'm thinking that if they want to release an iPhone version, they better get their servers in shape since any release if via the App Store and becomes available to any that want to try/buy.

Haha, I have been one of the few left out while others that signed up after me somehow got selected.. Although that doesn't mask my opinion of how slow they are - I've always stated they could make so much money if they just released the product and did relatively fast updates. With how long they've taken I feel like they've lost so much potential income its crazy.

Hank- Osfoora is great, and the best part about that app is it has a hard-working, friendly dev who is always open to suggestions, questions, etc.. I also like the iPad version of it.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I have been one of the few left out while others that signed up after me somehow got selected.. Although that doesn't mask my opinion of how slow they are - I've always stated they could make so much money if they just released the product and did relatively fast updates. With how long they've taken I feel like they've lost so much potential income its crazy.

And most SS users have gotten used to it being a freebie. Even though SS have always said that once released as a non-beta it will cost, the user base will revolt. Most will moan and complain. Some will fork up. Many will ditch it for something else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2