I've currently fallen back on using Simplenote and Notational Velocity for notes and todo's on my iPhone and Mac because, well, I had to see if I was geek enough to do it, no pun intended.

I'm still looking for something seamless that's specific to to-do's however. I have most of the well known to-do apps, I just can't find a great way to get any of the working for me across desktop, laptop, and iPhone.

In an ideal world, I'd use Mac OS X's Mail.app right-click-to-make a to-do on my desk, which would sync via IMAP and to iCal, which would sync with... something on my iPhone.

I don't like dedicated to-do apps on Mac because I like to run as few apps as possible and I'm already running to many. I will if I have to, however.

Any to-do ninja's out there willing to share what they do?
    03-05-2010 11:09 PM
    I guess Evernote is too simple for ya? That's still the best solution (IMNSVHO) across all platforms.
    03-05-2010 11:21 PM
    Evernote is great as long as I abandon my not wanting to run separate desktop software, or does it sync to iCal and/or Mail.app to-do and I'm just ignorant again?
    03-05-2010 11:43 PM
    This is something that I am been trying to suss out ever since I got my iPhone as well.
    03-06-2010 12:26 AM
    I am trying to get away from using my yellow note pad and totally rely on a to-do app. I am using Appigo's To-Do. It is simple, yet has layers to add several details. It syncs with iCal. The yellow notepad is classic and hard to let go of, but the Appigo app is fantastic.
    03-06-2010 01:00 AM
    I would suggest "Things". The desktop app is gorgeous and full featured enough, but not a GTD overkill like Omnifocus. The iPhone app is great too and they both sync via wifi connection. That's what I've been using for 2 years so far (I previously used Omnifocus for mac and iPhone, but it was overkill)
    03-06-2010 01:11 AM
    How about "2Do" by GuidedWays Technology? I've seen a lot of "Things" user flipped over to that "2Do" due to lack of bug fixes and improvements of "Things" for so long already.
    03-06-2010 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD