New favorite Twitter iPhone app

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Tweetie 2 is definitely due for an update..

Seems as if the developer got lazy after getting so much money ...

I'd disagree. Loren seems to be pretty regular w/ Tweetie 2. Honestly - most updates from most devs are "bug fixes" - normally with Tweetie, there aren't really any bugs to fix. He seems to release LARGE updates that add quite a bit more functionality, not just one thing at a time. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
echofon pro was crapping out today for me, but they also just released an update that hopefully fixes the issues i was having. i ended up turning push off and am using boxcar for the push as its almost instant as opposed to the almost 15 minutes at times with the built in push system of echofon. during my weird time today with echofon, i decided to give tweetie 2 a shot. i like some of what it does, but still prefer echofon at this point. i dont like that it wont scroll to the newest tweet. i dont like that it wont give you a number of new tweets, and i'm having the hardest time in the world trying to figure out how to get bit.ly to work with it! i do like the swipe to reply feature (like simplytweet has) and the ability to use the real name on contacts and not the twitter name. sometimes it takes me a second on echofon to figure out who the hell is saying what! lol i also like the RT function on tweetie that shows the picture in picture of the person who posted the retweet. i'm getting like ctt with my twitter apps! help me!! LOL

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just got Twittelator pro and to me it is the best out there. I also have Tweetie 2 and Osfoora. But, Twittelator just has so many features and so far works great.

Now, that's just y 2 cents worth.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I found this other twitter app called Brizzly for Twitter..has anyone tried this and do you recommend it?

You have to sign up with Brizzly for another account. Silly, if you ask me. Why do I have to create yet another account just to have a Twitter client? No thanks. There are plenty of good apps out there.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'd disagree. Loren seems to be pretty regular w/ Tweetie 2. Honestly - most updates from most devs are "bug fixes" - normally with Tweetie, there aren't really any bugs to fix. He seems to release LARGE updates that add quite a bit more functionality, not just one thing at a time. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

Highly disagree.. just because he has not had to update much because of bug fixes doesn't mean he shouldn't have had several decent updates by now.

I mean heck, still no push notifications? That is crap.

Not to mention no themes.. etc... its just sad how bar behind the app is after having to pay $3 for the update.

Had all the potential in the world until the updates never ended up coming..

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
That's what confuses me about Tweetie. Tweetie had themes, but Tweetie2 doesn't? Since when do you REMOVE features on an UPgrade?:rolleyes:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icebird-for-iphone/id354940065?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Icebird[/URL] is sweet too. Looks like Birdfeed, but a bit better. Has larger fonts for us blind folk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2