National Parks Companion 1.1

Catamounts

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
We recently released an updated version of the National Parks Companion and I wanted to thank the members of this board for their feedback in helping to improve the app. Keep it coming!

IMG_0052.PNG

We now have over 500 National Park Service sites and each one has GPS location and elevation data which you can open in Google Maps.

For more information and screenshots, please visit www.nationalparkscompanion.com or find us on iTunes [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=343700430&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]>>here<<[/URL]

And to celebrate, I've attached a few promo codes below. As always, while not required, I would appreciate if you left a quick review on the app store

Thanks!
Shaun

WWWE6HPAATWJ
X7MLHPHHYLR3
PMWY944W39AK
FW6NTWP3KPWX
K6YHAHANK9EH

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
it still does some weird stuff with scrolling, it only scrolls part of the window in all the park sections and it does scroll the headers. it's like the views are setup wrong.

some of the about's are empty (go look at Indiana- Lincoln Boyhood)
I don't get the point of having a More link anywhere when I can scroll the window and all the text could be in the app

can the maps be in-app?

also, the upgrade install crashes the app. I had to delete it and re-install.

Catamounts

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
it still does some weird stuff with scrolling, it only scrolls part of the window in all the park sections and it does scroll the headers. it's like the views are setup wrong.

some of the about's are empty (go look at Indiana- Lincoln Boyhood)
I don't get the point of having a More link anywhere when I can scroll the window and all the text could be in the app

can the maps be in-app?

also, the upgrade install crashes the app. I had to delete it and re-install.

As always flyingember you are on the ball. The scrolling thing is an easy fix, just need to expand the view a little to fill a little strip at the bottom. Doesn't affect usability, but will be fixed in the next update.

The data set in this release mostly comes from the NPS repository which itself is rather inconsistent. Much of the development time in this app has actually been spent filling gaps in the official NPS data which included bringing in data from other agencies. Inevitably some data points will just not be there. Case in point - the Indiana - Lincoln Boyhood. Even the official NPS site doesn't even have "about" information for the park - Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial (U.S. National Park Service)

I'm experimenting with putting maps in-app.

Not sure about the upgrading issues; the file we submitted to Apple was thoroughly tested and should be the same regardless of whether you upgrade or install fresh. That said, I'll play around with it and see if I can re-produce it.

Shaun

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I would think the answer would be that if there isn't data you either put something like "No data is available" on the page or even have an if statement that hides the About option period so you can't even go to a blank page

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods