Documents to go issues

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I bought Documents to go for my Itouch/Iphone and then followed the instructions for installation on my laptop. The devices could not be found. I disabled the firewall and still no good. Im not a computer expert or even close to one, but I want to be able to edit my work and excel documents. Any thoughts?

KC

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Is it the latop you normally sync your iTouch/iPhone to? And more importantly, is it and your device connected to the same wireless network?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
A couple of quick questions:

1.) You have D2G installed on iPhone/iTouch? You can see it? Open it and create/edit the Sample Docs on it?

2.) You have the Desktop Version installed on your computer? This is where you drop the files you want to sync via WiFi. You can not transfer files via USB with iPhone/iTouch.

I hate to be so simplistic.:eek: I am just trying to figure out where to start to help.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
A couple of quick questions:

1.) You have D2G installed on iPhone/iTouch? You can see it? Open it and create/edit the Sample Docs on it?
2.) You have the Desktop Version installed on your computer? This is where you drop the files you want to sync via WiFi. You can not transfer files via USB with iPhone/iTouch. *
I hate to be so simplistic.:eek: I am just trying to figure out where to start to help.

I don't know what D2G is

I am on my home network, and I do have the desktop version installed, The desktop version can't find either Ipod or Iphone"

No biggie, Im looking for some help!!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
D2G is the short way of saying Documents To Go.

With both the desktop and handheld version open, have you gone to the settings page on your handheld and tapped on Add New Desktop?

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
D2G is the short way of saying Documents To Go.

With both the desktop and handheld version open, have you gone to the settings page on your handheld and tapped on Add New Desktop?

Yes on both devices, several times.

Oboewan

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, try the iTunes Remote app, or an AirPort Express (AirTunes), or an Apple TV, or Bonjour chat, or anything else that uses Bonjour. Do they work?
If not, it may b a problem with Bonjour.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, try the iTunes Remote app, or an AirPort Express (AirTunes), or an Apple TV, or Bonjour chat, or anything else that uses Bonjour. Do they work?
If not, it may b a problem with Bonjour.

That might work, I will try it. What is Bonjour?

KC

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It has nothing to do with Bonjour. I use D2G with no problems and don't have bonjour installed on my pc.

Could be a firewall issue....