-Visual Voicemail
    -Address book integration as well as Toktumi sync

Cons:
    -No SMS :-(
    -No Wifi calling
    -No modification of auto-attendant from app

$0.99
    3.5/5

Line 2, made by Toktumi, allows its customers to use their iPhone in conjunction with their phone line. Essentially, you can have second phone number that is available to be answered on your iPhone. You can obtain a number through the app or from Toktumi.com (right now they have a 30-day free offer) then the app

That app has 5 main screens. first it has a number pad that looks very similar to your native iPhone keypad. The second screen is your contact. A neat feature, other than listing your contact, is the ability to sync with other contact that you have created on their server using the web access interface.

The third screen displays your call history. I like the way that it displays the incoming versus the outgoing calls - its quite obvious - green means outgoing, red is incoming, while still listing the date & phone number that called in.. The only thing missing here, is - the actually time the call came in.

The fourth screen, is the Voicemail screen. Again this interface is very closely graphically to the iPhone's phone functions. Unlike the history screen, this is also missing the time when the call came in. It only displays the caller's number & the day of the week when it came in.

Lastly, the final screen is the settings screen. Here you are able to control many of the settings in your Line2/Toktumi account - turn on "Do not Disturb" (which allows you to send all calls directly to Voicemail), How you want to make calls from the app - the call back method or the Direct method, how you want to sort your contacts, and whether you want to turn on/off auto sync of voicemail & history. (I recommend it). You can also add additional phone numbers that the number can forward to.

While Line2 has some pretty cool features, it compares very little to what is one their website. In a sense Line2 is much like Google Voice, but does so much more - the ability to have n Auto Attendant "press 1 for..." In the end their service is only $14.95/month (contrary to what the app store says) and they don't charge you for minutes, even if you get a 1-800 number (of course if your still using your cell minuets, you'll have to cough those up to your carrier like normal). Below is a comparison chart I stole from their website:

(Click on image to enlarge.)

All in all, they have great customer service & have some awesome features for a very small price. If nothing else, all you're in need of is a temporary number, it's only going to cost you $0.99 :-)
    01-30-2010 09:48 PM
    Google Voice is advertising supported?
    01-30-2010 10:42 PM
    Hi - I'm Peter Sisson, founder of Toktumi. I just wanted to let everybody know that a new version (2.0) has been submitted to apple and is waiting for approval. The new version improves on the current version in many ways.
    >Ability to add to contacts from recents or voicemail
    >background sync of voicemail, recents etc - no refresh button needed
    >Most exciting: true dual mode (VoIP / Cellular) operation for both inbound and outbound calling. No cell reception at home? Line2 switches to WiFi once you walk in the door. You don't have to even think about it. If you and the other person you call have Line2, you get 16-bit HD audio on your calls.
    >Call recovery even if you get a regular iPhone call. Just dismiss it and your voip call will not be dropped.

Once this version is approved, we'll be adding push notifications for inbound calls so you can answer them on voip without the app running. We were waiting to see if they announced background processes in the new SDK, but no dice.
    01-31-2010 03:02 PM
    Sounds great! Looking forward to it!
    02-01-2010 03:18 AM
    I tried this app today and from the looks of it, it seems really worth while. If all goes well, it might me worth me coughing up$14.95 a month and dropping some of my at&t features.
    06-18-2010 12:15 AM
    Seems there's no way to post a question on the Line2 forum, so maybe someone here can help.

I just installed the Line2 app and am in the trial period. Couple questions:

1. When I call someone, a number appears on my screen (1-415-666 ...). What is that number?

2. Line2 advertises that it can reduce your phone bill. But as I understand it, for Line2 to work, I still need to keep my AT&T contract, correct? So I continue paying my monthly AT&T contract, and now add another service for $9.95/month. How does that save me money?

Thanks.
    11-04-2010 12:20 PM
    Seems there's no way to post a question on the Line2 forum, so maybe someone here can help.

I just installed the Line2 app and am in the trial period. Couple questions:

1. When I call someone, a number appears on my screen (1-415-666 ...). What is that number?

2. Line2 advertises that it can reduce your phone bill. But as I understand it, for Line2 to work, I still need to keep my AT&T contract, correct? So I continue paying my monthly AT&T contract, and now add another service for $9.95/month. How does that save me money?

Thanks.
    Sorry for the super late reply, but...

1. It's a "call-through" number. Basically, your dialing into Toktumi which relays the call to another person. The other person will only see the number that is given to you. This usually occurs when using the call-back feature.

2. By using VOIP - some people don't have unlimited plans. So by using the Toktumi line they might be able to reduce their bill. Also, calling overseas has its advantages when using Toktumi's Line 2 App. Another example: I replaced my parent's home phone (which they were paying $38/month for) with Toktumi. The savings there is obvious. The idea is not to replace your current line, it's to give you a convenient & cost-worthy, secondary line - hence it's name "Line2"

They also have a $9.99/month plan now

Hope that helps
    12-19-2010 12:04 AM
    I have used line2 for a long time and have to say it's the best VoIP calling out there. Only drawback is that Verizon won't allow MMS yet.
    04-14-2012 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD