Hi all,
    Im glad to present new innovative application which is great for business and travelers ABBYY Business Card Reader for iPhone 3GS.

It transfers contact data such as names, phone numbers, e-mails and other key information in different languages from business cards directly to the iPhone address book by using the devices camera and text recognition technology. BCR performs on-device processing of captured information, without the need for Internet connection.
    ABBYYs OCR (optical character recognition) technology makes the app a truly reliable business instrument. As a result, it enables iPhone users to maintain valuable contacts easier

ABBYY BCR for iPhone locates different types of contact information which can be found on a business card, such as First Name, Last Name, Company, Title, Telephone Numbers, Fax, E-mail, Web site and more. All these data types can be saved automatically to the corresponding fields of a phone book.
    At the same time, it provides additional options allowing users to edit, change or add new fields.

For those who travel around the world for business, Business Card Reader for iPhone recognizes business cards in 16 languages including English, German, French, Italian, Russian etc.

See our

Now we are giving out 5 promo codes of ABBYY BCR. In order to get promo code, advise here, what languages (besides of 5 already mentioned) you'd like to see in our BCR. You can see our choice (5+11 languages) in App Store. Authors of 5 the most reasoned advices (by a week) will receive promo code to get application for free!

Have a nice day!
    01-28-2010 04:18 AM
    Hi,

I'd like a promo code and in addition to the above languages please include Spanish.

Thanks,

Darryl
    01-28-2010 08:08 AM
    You're right - Spanish es a very popular language, and we have it in our Business Card Reader. Let's wait for some more replies, and I think you'll take a promocode.

Hey, where are other TiPb users? who wants to try this app for free - you're welcome!
    02-01-2010 04:00 AM
    Actually, I only need English, so I couldn't really put forth a good suggestion...
    02-02-2010 05:21 PM
    Thanks all who replied. Sending you promo codes.
    Some more promo codes availabe, don't hesitate trying to get it!
    02-05-2010 05:48 AM
    Thanks all who replied. Sending you promo codes.
    Some more promo codes availabe, don't hesitate trying to get it!
    if you're that desperate to give it away, why not make the app free?
    02-05-2010 09:07 AM
    if you're that desperate to give it away, why not make the app free?
    Very weird interpretation dude... very very weird...
    That's the point of PROMOS.. giving for free.
    Trying to reach as much people as possible DOES NOT make him desperate.
    Very weird.
    02-06-2010 06:46 AM
    Very weird interpretation dude... very very weird...
    That's the point of PROMOS.. giving for free.
    Trying to reach as much people as possible DOES NOT make him desperate.
    Very weird.
    So, he/she could make it free for a week with the same result and less work. Promos are generally to drive up interest and word of mouth
    02-06-2010 11:38 PM
    I think that promo codes are better way to promote applications than establishing free price for limited period, because:
    -we can give this app to exactly one who wants it
    -we can ask to get some feedback or user expectatons on our product. It's very important for us and helps to develop even better products
    02-08-2010 03:06 AM
    Well. is here anybody who wants a promo code? Come here and take it!
    02-10-2010 08:02 AM
    I'd like one if you still have some available...
    02-14-2010 11:31 PM
    Yes, sure, promo code sent. If anybody having 3GS wants more codes - don't hesitate to ask!
    02-17-2010 05:10 AM
    i would like a promo code...will rate and review, thanks!
    02-19-2010 01:43 AM
    Thanks Mike! Rated and reviewed...
    02-20-2010 11:38 PM
    One more promo code issued, ask if you need, too.

BTW, note that now BCR costs only $2.99, and price increases every third day.
    03-01-2010 08:43 AM
    PM Replied.......
    03-01-2010 03:20 PM
    Hi!

If you have a promo code left I would really like to try your app. Thanks
    03-01-2010 05:53 PM
    Promo code sent, please reply here if you want one.
    Today is the last day promo codes available
    03-09-2010 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD