Prowlr - Your TV Companion

m4rkie23

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Prowlr is a free web app allowing you to track your favourite TV shows on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

trio.png

This web app provides an easy to use, friendly, manageable tool to track up and coming episodes of your favourite tv shows.

Registration is quick, easy and free.

Add unlimited TV shows to your show list. Decide you don?t want to follow a show any longer? Just 2 taps will remove it.

Being a web app, Prowlr will never require updates through the Apple store. Any new features will automatically be added to your account when you sign in. Free of charge, of course.

Visit Prowlr - Your Personal TV companion now, add Prowl to your home screen and you will receive our customized dashboard icon.

Unique Features:

- WEEKLY VIEWER
Check which shows are on each week using Prowlr?s unique weekly viewer.

- EMAIL NOTIFICATION
Never miss an episode of your favourite shows ever again. Prowlr will send you an email at the start of each week letting you know which episodes are airing on which day.

- SYNOPSIS VIEWER
Check details of current and next episodes with Prowlr?s synopsis viewer by just tapping on the episode name.

For News and Update information, check out our:

twitter page Prowlr (ProwlrTV) on Twitter
facebook fan page Prowlr | Facebook

(this web app is 100% free. there is no payment required, no advertising within the app, and the only details required are name, email address and password)

m4rkie23

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Nice, I like it.

Now all you have to do is add CNBC's American Greed to the list. I love that show...

glad you guys like it! unfortunately we cant add shows to the database. we have used the open api available from theTVDB.com so prowlr can only track shows available from them.
im sure any popular shows will be added in due course mind.

:)

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Ah, brilliant, thanks for the info (I just noticed this reply)...

glad you guys like it! unfortunately we cant add shows to the database. we have used the open api available from theTVDB.com so prowlr can only track shows available from them.
im sure any popular shows will be added in due course mind.

:)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Does this program only track and update new episodes of your favorite shows? One of my shows on there is Overhaulin and the other one is Hoarders, and neither of them show any upcoming releases, even though there are repeats. Is there any way to differentiate the two?

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Everything I watch was in there. I love the popup feature for episode details. Nice job!

I know it's cancelled after this week, but I was unable to find Dollhouse on Prowlr. Did you find that or is that a show you didn't actually watch?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I know it's cancelled after this week, but I was unable to find Dollhouse on Prowlr. Did you find that or is that a show you didn't actually watch?

I didn't bother entering it since I know this is the last episode. <sniff> (Last week should probably have been the last episode...I'm afraid tonight's will be tr?s over the top.)

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Isn't that the one that aired tonight? (Which I had to dvr and have yet to watch.)

The episode from tonight takes place in 2020. Last season, there was a 13th episode that was never aired called Epitaph 1 that also took place in 2020 before the events of tonight's episode. Tonight's episode is Epitaph 2. Some of the "previously" stuff was from Epitaph 1, so you might want to try to watch that first if you can find it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
awesome! i will use this to follow one of the best shows ever made, NipTuck.
too bad it's almost over.

m4rkie23

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Does this program only track and update new episodes of your favorite shows? One of my shows on there is Overhaulin and the other one is Hoarders, and neither of them show any upcoming releases, even though there are repeats. Is there any way to differentiate the two?

Thats correct. At this point in time it only tracks current seasons/episodes.

Any show displaying "n/a" either means there is no air date for episodes that havent been shown yet (depending on whether broadcasters have dates available) or there is no current season.

We are looking into ways to develop Prowlr further, but it all depends on the quality (and availability) of open API.

Would you care to comment on your development process?

By all means. Me and a friend watch quite a few tv shows (luckily they all air at different times throughout the year otherwise i would have 0 free time lol)
Instead of checking various sites for air dates or "which episode am i on now??" etc, joe decided to write some basic code (on an iphone friendly UI as we both have them). we were also a bit cautious of reading something we would rather avoid (synopsis etc).
After he cracked that and it worked spot on, we discussed the possibility of making it a proper web app.
Did some research on some of the larger forums (avforums.com for example) with some polls to check how many shows people watched per week etc (to help scope the UI show bar sizes and amount of detail etc).
After we came up with the name and colour scheme, developed it into what it is today (Although we did change API sources once after the first draft was finished due to coding reasons).
Released it onto a few forums, started the twitter and facebook pages, and then took the plunge with apple.com/webapps submission.

now were very close to 1000 registered users and growing daily.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR