it worked perfectly for me when it first came out...
    but after about 3 weeks into it i've had nothing but failure.
    not getting updates AT ALL.
    i've deleted the app, reinstalled the app, restored the device (as new) and added again.
    nothing.
    i've had long email conversations with their "so called" tech support which has been a joke as well.
    apparently i'm not the only one with this issue either.
    loads of others are having the same problem and no answers to be found.
    i did really like this app but i'm afraid i will have to look for an alternate.

anyone else run into this?
    found or heard of solutions?
    01-19-2010 10:02 PM
    Mine never worked until last week. After going round and round with their support I created an ESPN.com account and logged in to it from the scorecenter app, boom now it works.

I was in the same boat as you, loved the app but no push was killing me. It was even more annoying that my bro and his fiance both just got iPhones right before xmas and both of them were getting notifications from scorecenter and I was not. After trying to find a common thing I found both of them had logged into the app with their espn.com accounts; which I did not have at the time.

I told their tech support, they said they are looking into it and will probably be adding this to the iTunes description. Although who ever I was dealing with insisted an account is not required for push to work, that is the only thing I could do to get it to work.
    Last edited by sting7k; 01-20-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    01-20-2010 12:05 AM
    mines never worked PERIOD! but it doesnt bother me cause i constantly check the scores anyways
    01-20-2010 12:10 AM
    Do you pay for the push alerts?
    01-20-2010 02:49 AM
    Mine HAS worked from day one. The only problem is the alerts are a tad tardy on occasion. I did nothing special to make it work just installed and setup my favs.
    01-20-2010 11:48 AM
    Do you pay for the push alerts?
    no

Mine never worked until last week. After going round and round with their support I created an ESPN.com account and logged in to it from the scorecenter app, boom now it works.

I was in the same boat as you, loved the app but no push was killing me. It was even more annoying that my bro and his fiance both just got iPhones right before xmas and both of them were getting notifications from scorecenter and I was not. After trying to find a common thing I found both of them had logged into the app with their espn.com accounts; which I did not have at the time.

I told their tech support, they said they are looking into it and will probably be adding this to the iTunes description. Although who ever I was dealing with insisted an account is not required for push to work, that is the only thing I could do to get it to work.
    i will try to make sure i stay signed in and see if that works as well.
    i also suggested they delete my account so i can start over but for some reason they keep avoiding that.
    01-20-2010 11:54 AM
    You dont have to pay for push alerts with this app. I've never had push issues....are you guys jailbroken? theres a push fix for this I believe on Cydia
    01-20-2010 03:00 PM
    i have had no problems whatsoever with this...everything pushes perfectly with the cool sportscenter jingle. now facebook on the other hand....GGGGRRRRR!!!!!
    01-20-2010 03:30 PM
    You dont have to pay for push alerts with this app. I've never had push issues....are you guys jailbroken? theres a push fix for this I believe on Cydia
    i believe sting7k is not jailbroken but i am.
    what is the fix called in cydia?
    01-20-2010 04:11 PM
    Man, I've never had a problem with this. Push alerts come about five minutes after the quarter ends on my favorites and final push comes about three minutes, with the ESPN jingle. Both before and after my jailbreak it's has been awesome. Facebook sucks for everyone right now.
    01-20-2010 04:34 PM
    Works fine since day one for me.
    01-21-2010 12:53 AM
    i believe sting7k is not jailbroken but i am.
    what is the fix called in cydia?
    I'm prob. not 100% accurate, but I literally think its called "push fix" but read it first. I never needed it but remember hearing it maybe for only unlocked phones.
    01-21-2010 02:22 AM
    ^i think you're right. did some investigating myself and the term "unlocked" came up often.
    thanks for the help though
    01-21-2010 02:28 AM
    I'm prob. not 100% accurate, but I literally think its called "push fix" but read it first. I never needed it but remember hearing it maybe for only unlocked phones.
    only for jailbroken iphones and it doesn't appear to be 100% accurate from other threads
    01-21-2010 09:11 AM
    Am I right in thinking that you can't get push alerts for the Premiership with this App?
    01-21-2010 03:23 PM
    Am I right in thinking that you can't get push alerts for the Premiership with this App?
    They have lots of sports to offer, maybe the selection varies by region. I dont know, I use it only for sports here in the USA unfortunately. Theres actual a number of good Premiere League apps though in the app store, my friend from England who now lives here in California has a bunch!
    01-21-2010 03:48 PM
    removed the app from my device a couple of days ago ... reinstalled today.
    and now it is working. nice!
    01-23-2010 06:36 PM
    I've also had this ap before, and it was quite horrible
    01-24-2010 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD