In need a good college school app

bob81

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
In need of a good college school app

I was reading how some schools are giving iphones to their students with apps that show class schedules and give alerts for assignment due dates and things. I was looking for a generic program like this for my son who is starting school this semester (He took a semester off after highschool). It looks like there are a couple to choose from that aren't too expensive. Has anyone had any experience with these apps, that could give me a recomendation? I was leaning towards downloading something like schoolbuddy and trying it out to see if it was something my son would actually use. I might download a few free ones and compare them too.

Last edited:

bob81

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I ended up downloading a couple of the free apps and trying them out. I ended up buying the full version of schoolbuddy. It seemed easier to use and I am hoping my son will use it to keep track of his grades. It had some cool features. You can check it out at iphonebuddyapps.com or just search for school buddy on the app store, they have a free version that is only like 1 class too.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I was reading how some schools are giving iphones to their students with apps that show class schedules and give alerts for assignment due dates and things. I was looking for a generic program like this for my son who is starting school this semester (He took a semester off after highschool). It looks like there are a couple to choose from that aren't too expensive. Has anyone had any experience with these apps, that could give me a recomendation? I was leaning towards downloading something like schoolbuddy and trying it out to see if it was something my son would actually use. I might download a few free ones and compare them too.

let him pick out what he does. Until he figures out what works for him as far as scheduling he won't be successful in college. This is from someone who used print-outs and notes on paper for almost everything in college. I had a Palm then too and it didn't help with doing assignments. I now have part of my stuff in an iphone but I have a spiral notebook with a list of stuff to do for the house right now and a huge number of sticky notes.

To this day I find the paper copies get looked at more than what's in my phone

bob81

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
let him pick out what he does. Until he figures out what works for him as far as scheduling he won't be successful in college. This is from someone who used print-outs and notes on paper for almost everything in college. I had a Palm then too and it didn't help with doing assignments. I now have part of my stuff in an iphone but I have a spiral notebook with a list of stuff to do for the house right now and a huge number of sticky notes.

To this day I find the paper copies get looked at more than what's in my phone

Yea, I didn't have all the options when i went to school. I just used a folder with a class schedule taped inside of the front cover to remind me of my schedule and when assignments were due. Just wanted to find something that helped him keep track of everything, and an app makes sense cause he never puts his phone down. The schoolbuddy app just takes a lot of the common things a student needs, like tracking grades, due dates, and class schedules, and places them in one place on his iphone. I am going to give him an itunes card and have him download the app and try it out. Its basically just a more advanced version of the notebook method you and I used in college and its only a couple bucks.

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea, we need something that implements all of these ideas together... Flash cards, schedule, assignment alerts. Ohhh how I could benefit from having something like that...

Krypto74

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I have tried apps like that and the best answer is also the most disappointing, and most low-tech: a notebook and a pen. A pocket calendar type organizer will help too, but I have found nothing more reliable than the aforementioned items.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2