I've only used Slacker Radio... anyone have any opinions on these two?
    01-02-2010 11:59 PM
    I personally think Slacker Radio is organized better than Pandora.
    01-03-2010 12:29 AM
    My bedroom is organized better than Pandora. And you should see my bedroom.
    01-03-2010 10:08 AM
    I prefer Pandora but that's just me.
    01-03-2010 10:33 AM
    So u guys don't notice a difference other than the organization as far as variety and all that
    01-03-2010 12:38 PM
    I haven't used either in a while, but my take was Pandora had more accurate "suggestions" when you create a personal playlist (the music seemed more congruent to me). But Slacker (on the BlackBerry - haven't tried it on iPhone) allowed offline downloading. Other than that, I really have nothing else because I used each so infrequently.
    01-03-2010 01:37 PM
    I prefer Pandora but that's just me.

Mind elaborating?
    01-03-2010 02:26 PM
    I have use both Pandora and Slacker as well as last.fm, I started using them on my berry but since I got the iphone I only use Pandora. For me I tend to think that Pandora does a better job of playing music to my tastes.
    01-03-2010 02:47 PM
    Nothing to elaborate on. I like Pandora better, always have. And no I can't tell you why. Its just a personal preference.
    01-03-2010 02:49 PM
    Mind elaborating?
    Just try them both, if you have been using Slacker give Pandora a try, heck they are free apps for the iphone.
    01-03-2010 02:51 PM
    Pandora = 40 Hours free streaming audio per month
    Slacker= Unlimited

Pandora seemed like it had a big library, if you stray into genres that are more off the beaten path....

My vote is for Slacker, though. Its better organized, you can 'Fine Tune' your stations and its just all around a better option in my opinion..
    01-03-2010 03:18 PM
    Been using Pandora and because of this thread I just installed Slacker to give it a try. My first impression is they are going to be very similar.
    01-03-2010 03:20 PM
    Pandora = 40 Hours free streaming audio per month
    Slacker= Unlimited

Pandora seemed like it had a big library, if you stray into genres that are more off the beaten path....

My vote is for Slacker, though. Its better organized, you can 'Fine Tune' your stations and its just all around a better option in my opinion..

Didn't know pandora had restrictions
    01-03-2010 03:47 PM
    I like pandora better as well, but it seems to repeat more than slacker. As far as songs played.
    01-03-2010 03:47 PM
    Ditto on that. I have streamed Pandora overnight over 3G while on business trips all the time. I plug my iPhone into the hotel alarm clock and run Pandora all night. In fact, it even works better on the iPhone cause you never get the interruptions asking if you're still listening. So I can attest that there are no restrictions.
    01-04-2010 10:24 AM
    I didnt know that either, until I got the "your time is up" message from pandora....Apparently you only get 40 hours free per month...

Read This
    01-04-2010 10:27 AM
    Always been a big fan of Slacker, but Pandora has won me over by being more accurate in playing the type of music I suggest.
    01-04-2010 08:24 PM
    I will throw my vote to Slacker. Dont get me wrong I love Pandora, but after tweaking both to my likes, I find Slacker goes slightly more towards what I really like. So I lean Slacker, but really you cant go wrong with either app. Although Simplify, thats my fav music app, stream my entire 7,500 song library. woot
    01-05-2010 03:12 PM
    Last.Fm any good? Thoughts? I personally <3 Pandora.
    01-06-2010 12:10 PM
    Last.Fm any good? Thoughts? I personally <3 Pandora.
    I like Last.fm because you have the option to play your playlist that you've made on their site. Also like Pandora you can put in any artist name and it will play similar tracks. I have them both along with iheartradio on my phone and use them all about the same amount of time just whatever i'm in the mood for.
    03-22-2010 05:16 PM
    I haven't used Slacker so I can offer no comparison, but Pandora has just been plain awesome. I used to care less about the whole concept of streaming music to my iPhone, but now I can't imagine NOT having this functionality. I've made several play lists with Pandora and I think it does a nice job of playing similar music to the artist or genre selected.
    03-22-2010 05:44 PM
    my Slacker account is due to expire soon, will probably give Pandora a try
    03-22-2010 05:50 PM
    I'd go with Pandora
    03-22-2010 11:27 PM
    I prefer Slacker personally. I believe that Pandora is more popular. Apple showcased it during their iOS 4 event and even tipb.com has it's updated on its front page.

However for all the slacker fans out there, I used live chat for slacker asking for the release of the background supported version of slacker and their response was "it has been released to Apple and is expected to be released today. We do not have a specific time for the release but it it should be today".

So take that for what it's worth hopefully we'll see the update soon.
    06-21-2010 03:28 PM
    Slacker 2.0 allows you to cache your station to your iPhone, this way you can play your stations from the device memory, no Wifi or 3G necessary and this saves battery life. Slacker has about 4 times the library of Pandora. I have a plus subscription which is $3.99 per month no ads, unlimited skips.

Pandora is great too and I use it as well. But it is a far cry from Slacker, which allows you to create stations with the specific songs and/or artist that you want. Not some system that decides for me. Even though I did the Pandora one, I am still limited in terms of the number of skips.

If you have not tried Slacker give it a spin! The caching of stations makes them light years ahead of Pandora. I also understand that Slacker will be iOS4 compatible once Apple approves the the update.

OTACORB
    Last edited by OTACORB; 06-21-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    06-21-2010 04:34 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD