Slacker vs Pandora

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used either in a while, but my take was Pandora had more accurate "suggestions" when you create a personal playlist (the music seemed more congruent to me). But Slacker (on the BlackBerry - haven't tried it on iPhone) allowed offline downloading. Other than that, I really have nothing else because I used each so infrequently.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I have use both Pandora and Slacker as well as last.fm, I started using them on my berry but since I got the iphone I only use Pandora. For me I tend to think that Pandora does a better job of playing music to my tastes.

TeknologeeFreak

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Pandora = 40 Hours free streaming audio per month
Slacker= Unlimited

Pandora seemed like it had a big library, if you stray into genres that are more off the beaten path....

My vote is for Slacker, though. Its better organized, you can 'Fine Tune' your stations and its just all around a better option in my opinion..

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Been using Pandora and because of this thread I just installed Slacker to give it a try. My first impression is they are going to be very similar.

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Pandora = 40 Hours free streaming audio per month
Slacker= Unlimited

Pandora seemed like it had a big library, if you stray into genres that are more off the beaten path....

My vote is for Slacker, though. Its better organized, you can 'Fine Tune' your stations and its just all around a better option in my opinion..

Didn't know pandora had restrictions

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Didn't know pandora had restrictions

Ditto on that. I have streamed Pandora overnight over 3G while on business trips all the time. I plug my iPhone into the hotel alarm clock and run Pandora all night. In fact, it even works better on the iPhone cause you never get the interruptions asking if you're still listening. So I can attest that there are no restrictions.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Always been a big fan of Slacker, but Pandora has won me over by being more accurate in playing the type of music I suggest.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I will throw my vote to Slacker. Dont get me wrong I love Pandora, but after tweaking both to my likes, I find Slacker goes slightly more towards what I really like. So I lean Slacker, but really you cant go wrong with either app. Although Simplify, thats my fav music app, stream my entire 7,500 song library. woot

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Last.Fm any good? Thoughts? I personally <3 Pandora.

I like Last.fm because you have the option to play your playlist that you've made on their site. Also like Pandora you can put in any artist name and it will play similar tracks. I have them both along with iheartradio on my phone and use them all about the same amount of time just whatever i'm in the mood for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2