Thank y'all for all the opinions and info! I've had Pandora and enjoyed it but now I'm going to try Slacker as well. Maybe it's being a child of the 60s but I do love the name Slacker!

Kathy in NC
    06-21-2010 05:16 PM
    I've always used Pandora, but I've heard great things about Slacker. I guess I'm a slacker to move onto Slacker.
    06-21-2010 07:47 PM
    I like Last.fm because you have the option to play your playlist that you've made on their site. Also like Pandora you can put in any artist name and it will play similar tracks. I have them both along with iheartradio on my phone and use them all about the same amount of time just whatever i'm in the mood for.
    I use all of these as well as HD radio app. It not HD in any means just the name of the app. It plays online streaming content from shoutcast and a few others. Some of the streams are crap but for the most part its very good. Also If you get the pro version you can play music in the background through a browser. The only problem is you dont know what song is playing.

I personally love Pandora. Have bought and found a lot of new music I never even knew I liked before. Also there is a paid version of Pandora for all those complaining about the lack of time to play and the ads. Sadly its just for the Desktop.

Last.fm is good if I want a certain type of music by genre or if I want to play my playlist that I have built up from the years and years of using last.fm, since I only have 8GB Ipod touch, last.fm is a great way to randomly stream a lot of my content I have scrobbed previously from my own catalog.

I never used Slacker so I cant give my thought on it.
    Last edited by jsc315; 06-22-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    06-22-2010 11:59 AM
    I've tried both and prefer Pandora. I just think the music "suggestions" it makes are more accurate when making a playlist. It's all personal preference, though. We can't decide which is better for you.
    06-22-2010 12:23 PM
    Slacker is pretty cool. You can ban the artist or song. Buti think I still prefer Pandora.
    07-10-2010 07:39 PM
    I'm a Slacker!
    07-11-2010 11:10 AM
    Hey guys, rather then start a new thread I figured it would be better to bump this to the top. I couldn't really find any help with in this thread in regards to my question. So hopefully you guys can shed your thoughts. Pandora One or Slacker Plus. I'm going to be upgrading my account on either one but not sure which one to do that with. I like how Slacker allows ou to have NO ads and unlimited skips where Pandora does not offer that. I have not used Slacker so I can't compare the quality between the two. I do notice that with Pandora (on the i4) it sometimes just stops working and I can't get it to play any station. I have to wait for it to finally play on its own. So any thoughts?
    09-19-2010 02:15 AM
    It's really just a matter of personal preference. I don't think you'll get any definitive answer on your question. I personally like Pandora better because it plays more songs that I like on stations that I create. The paid version for both do not add anything uber-significant that make one a must buy over the other.
    09-20-2010 12:56 PM
    I haven't used Slacker in a while, but Pandora always seems to
    play a song that I would never have thought of to find, but like.

Today... this song I never heard from Akon was played and it
    really surprised me because I don't have Akon as an artist
    station, but from my likes/dislikes, it somehow can tell I'd like
    it.

Every once in a blue, I do get a song I have to hit the thumbs
    down for.
    09-20-2010 02:51 PM
    I also payed the yearly fee and now have Pandora
    radio on my desktop and laptop + unl+ streaming.

I'll even play Pandora through the night. I hit 40hrs
    the first week of trying it. Between the gym and
    going to bed.
    09-20-2010 02:52 PM
    Pandora and Slacker are in category of ad-supported but free applications, despite the fact that, both handles the "in-app" ads differently.
    09-21-2010 08:54 AM
    Was a slacker premium user for the last year, now that the subscription is up I think I may give Pandora a spin.
    09-22-2010 03:19 PM
    I prefer Pandora, but I like that you can fine tune on Slacker.
    09-26-2010 06:44 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD