Official Magellan Contest Thread

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Christmas is a time of giving, a time for sharing, and a time for free stuff! To celebrate this season properly we feel that it is only appropriate to give away 1 free App! We just want to thank everyone who have supported us in the past few months. So we want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and good luck in the contest! Perhaps, our App may help you navigate through the stormy winter!

Contest Procedures/Rules:
Please answer the questions below correctly
Message me your answers before December 24, 2009 at 11:59PM (PST) NO EXCEPTIONS!
Winners with the correct answers will be randomly selected from a cookie jar

We will announce the winners and answers sometime on Christmas Day!

Questions:

What was Frosty the Snowman's last words?
Which country created eggnog?
Which reindeer?s name is also the name of a kitchen cleanser?
When will the Magellan Premium Car Kit be released?
Will the Magellan Premium Car Kit be able to accommodate iPhones with cases/skins?

Once again, good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys!

Here is the other contest I promised you.

About Us

MagellanGPS Video Contest Terms and Conditions:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.

How to Enter: Upload a self made 3 minutes or less video on YouTube telling us what you should be the winner of a Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App or the winner for a Magellan premium car kit . Send the direct link to us at: phoneapp@magellangps.com . The video must contain clear and visible Magellan logo.

Winners selection process: ?Let the creative minds win?! A selected group of Magellan judges will pick the 4 most creative videos and announce the winners via email on PST Tuesday, January 15, 2010. Winning videos will also be posted on Magellan?s Facebook and Twitter fan page as well as various forums and blogs.

Prizes and Approximate Retail Value:

Grand Prize1: Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App (Downloadable from Apple store)(Approximate retail value of $100.00) and Magellan Premium Car Kit ($129 value)

Prize 2: A Magellan Premium Car Kit ($129 value)

Prize 3: A Magellan RoadMate for iPhone App

Prize 4: A $20.00 discount coupon valid valid for purchase of the Premium car kit on MagellanGPS.com

Eligibility: Open only to U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Participants must own an iPhone 3G/3GS / iPod Touch. Employees, contractors and agents of MiTAC Digital Corporation / MagellanGPS, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members (parent, sibling, child or spouse of any of the foregoing) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.

General: The winners will be notified within ten (10) days of the drawing date through e-mail or phone. If the winners enter an incorrect email address or phone number, their eligibility to the Prize will be voided and sponsor may select other winners by a random drawing. Winners should allow approximately two (2) weeks for delivery of the Prize. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash or other substitutions are allowed. Sponsor can cancel this contest at any time for any reason. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prize. Magellan panel of judges will make the final decision.

No Warranty: By accepting the Prize, the winners acknowledge that the Prize is provided by sponsor on an 'as is' basis with no warranty of any kind. SPONSOR DISCLAIMS ALL GUARANTEES AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. To everyone, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Good luck on the contest! :);):D

Last edited:

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
It feels Really Christmas Time thanks to Magellan!:)

I just wanna thank " Magellan" for being such a wonderful company that gave us a chance to win one of their unbelievable and Solid Products . i was so Excited on Christmas Day when i was checking my emails only to find out that i won the Contest . Magellan Santa Claus must have known very well that i am So terrible finding directions and decided to help me finding my way ,every minute,hour and day of my life !
thank you Santa Magellan for this Precious Gift that you gave me this year !

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
How does someone show real products from Magellan if they need a Magellan product?

And why not link to a logo?

Flyingember,

I know the rules for the contest are kinda difficult...but please try your best. I am sure there are ways to incorporate a Magellan product into your video: maybe a friend can lend you theirs? Best of Luck.

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Apple reviews

hey Maggie,

whats going on with Apple not displaying my review for the Magellan roadmate app that i wrote 3 days ago?? i wrote a very descriptive and nice review but it is not there as of right now !

another question ,are we gonna see the traffic on the roadmate anytime soon , maybe the next update?? i really would like to see that in the App for directions re-routing when there is traffic , thanks..

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
hey Maggie,

whats going on with Apple not displaying my review for the Magellan roadmate app that i wrote 3 days ago?? i wrote a very descriptive and nice review but it is not there as of right now !

another question ,are we gonna see the traffic on the roadmate anytime soon , maybe the next update?? i really would like to see that in the App for directions re-routing when there is traffic , thanks..

Caddouch,

1.)Honestly, I have no idea what is going on with iTunes. I have noticed that they stopped recording ratings since Christmas Day. But I believe you are still able to post a review. What you can do is wait a couple days and try again. iTunes complications might be affected to a influx of holiday users.

2.)Look for traffic in 2010. Bare with me till after the holidays and I should have a better idea on when the team will get it done. Please be assured we understand everyone's urgency for traffic and we will do our best to get it up ASAP.

Im happy you enjoy our app. Please let me know anymore feedback or questions you might have.

Happy Holidays!

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Great News Guys! I have requested management to change the terms of the Youtube Contest. Now you only need the Magellan Logo displayed in your logo to qualify. So what are you waiting for? Enter now! :p

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you made it hard on purpose. I'm not surprised. it's not even clear if you're really with the company you say you are which is super discouraging. For all I know you just want people to make fun of.

if you want participation find something that's less about being mock social and come up with a real contest and then pitch it to the site owner.

ShaneXman

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
you made it hard on purpose. I'm not surprised. it's not even clear if you're really with the company you say you are which is super discouraging. For all I know you just want people to make fun of.

if you want participation find something that's less about being mock social and come up with a real contest and then pitch it to the site owner.

I will vouch for Maggie, as I know for a fact that "she" does work for Magellan. The reason I can vouch for this, is because of this...

Link: http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/all-...emium-car-kit-pre-release-unboxing-video.html

I received a Premium Car Kit a full 2 weeks prior to it being available to the general public, and I have also spoken to them on the phone (via Magellan's corporate number). I hope this helps reassure you, or anybody else as to her credibility. :)

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Flyingember,

Im sorry you feel that way. I didn't know this contest would cause such negative reaction... Please be assured it was never to mock or make fun of anyone. I came up with the idea personally because I believe it would be a great way to connect with the people who were interested in our products. All we were really looking for was a short quick video... of someone telling us why they would love to win the contest.

As for the fact if I do represent the company? I do and I provided a actual link directing to Magellan homepage which lists all the video contest details. So please be assured your not being Punked.

Last edited:

ShaneXman

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Flyingember,

Wow, Im sorry you feel that way. I didn't know my this contest would cause such negative reaction... Please be assured it was never to mock or make fun of anyone. I came up with the idea personally because I believe it would be a great way to connect with the people who were interested in our products. All we were really looking for was a short quick video... of someone telling us why they would love to win the contest.

As for the fact if I do represent the company? I do and I provided a actual link directing to Magellan homepage which lists all the video contest details. So please be assured your not being Punked.

Yeah, that was kind of out of left field. :eek: I can't see any downside to a company offering up promotional goods to the end user (especially $200+ worth of goods) as a part of an "outside of the box" type of marketing campaign. I'd imagine that the short videos can be fun, straightforward, crazy, or any combination therein...with the only stipulation being that the video needs to be directed at Magellan in one way or another relating to the app or car kit.

Oh well, I guess some people just like the "drawing" type approach where no effort on their part is needed, you just put your name in and hope for the best. :rolleyes:

I'd personally like to thank "Maggie", and the whole Magellan team for all of their help, effort and attention to anything and everything we would like to know about their new and exciting products. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up. :D

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, that was kind of out of left field. :eek: I can't see any downside to a company offering up promotional goods to the end user (especially $200+ worth of goods) as a part of an "outside of the box" type of marketing campaign. I'd imagine that the short videos can be fun, straightforward, crazy, or any combination therein...with the only stipulation being that the video needs to be directed at Magellan in one way or another relating to the app or car kit.

Oh well, I guess some people just like the "drawing" type approach where no effort on their part is needed, you just put your name in and hope for the best. :rolleyes:

I'd personally like to thank "Maggie", and the whole Magellan team for all of their help, effort and attention to anything and everything we would like to know about their new and exciting products. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up. :D

ShaneXman,

Thank you for your kind remarks. I try my best here. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh