Simple barcode scanner

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a barcode scanner app that will let me generate a simple list of barcodes. I would like to use my iPhone to go through my video collection and scan their barcodes into a list that can be emailed for batch processing into a video collection program.

If I had a mac, I would make this my first project, but I don't. If there is an app out there that already does this, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

- iFizz

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There is a new app in the store called iCollect Movies that pretty much does just that. I have it and love it. Scan the movie bar code and poof cataloged collection.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your reply on this. I really like the program and have already started scanning my dvds in. I would really like to be able to export the collection list into a csv file. I sent them an email, so hopefully they can make that update eventually. MyBoxOffice will let you do that, but the interface is somewhat cumbersome.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I heard back from the developer. They are planning on adding functionality for both exporting the list of movies as well as a "fast-add" method, so you can enter movies faster.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A barcode scanner is an input device that uses light beams to scan and digitally convert printed barcodes reader. It then decodes the data and sends the data to a computer. It consists of a lens, a source of light, and a light sensor that can translate optical impulses into electrical signals.

This thread is 12 years old. Would you like to introduce yourself?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll