I am looking for a barcode scanner app that will let me generate a simple list of barcodes. I would like to use my iPhone to go through my video collection and scan their barcodes into a list that can be emailed for batch processing into a video collection program.

If I had a mac, I would make this my first project, but I don't. If there is an app out there that already does this, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

- iFizz
    12-22-2009 11:15 AM
    There is a new app in the store called iCollect Movies that pretty much does just that. I have it and love it. Scan the movie bar code and poof cataloged collection.
    12-22-2009 02:10 PM
    Thanks for your reply on this. I really like the program and have already started scanning my dvds in. I would really like to be able to export the collection list into a csv file. I sent them an email, so hopefully they can make that update eventually. MyBoxOffice will let you do that, but the interface is somewhat cumbersome.
    12-23-2009 01:31 PM
    hmm...this is an interesting app...im going to try it
    12-23-2009 02:32 PM
    holy crap!! This app works GREAT! I love it. now i can keep track of all my dvd's...thanks bamf-hacker
    12-24-2009 05:24 PM
    I heard back from the developer. They are planning on adding functionality for both exporting the list of movies as well as a "fast-add" method, so you can enter movies faster.
    12-24-2009 09:02 PM
    12-24-2009 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD