Don't get me wrong, I love Gpush! What I'm wanting to know is this. Both the default email and Gpush have sound settings for email alerts. The native email app allows you the option to set alert tone to 'off' in settings. However, try as I might, I canno find a way to turn off sound for Gpush.

I want to do this because A) I don't particularly likethe sound preferences Gpush offers and B) I have this nifty JB app that lets me choose any tone I wish. I want to give incoming mail a custom tone, but don't want 2 alerts. Meaning both Gpush AND mail at same time. Hope this makes sense.

Any thoughts on how to disable alert tone for Gpush? Thanks all!
    12-07-2009 10:23 AM
    Not a Bump, but more like a gentle nudge. Anyone have any ideas on this? Come now, I know several of youalso use Gpush. Doesn't this bug anyone else but me?! Maybe it is just me. Hmmm <looks at inner-self>
    12-07-2009 02:21 PM
    Can't the iphone just get REAL PUSH like Blackberry!!!! That has always driven me crazy and always will til they get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-07-2009 08:16 PM
    i havent found a way to turn off the sound either without losing the function of gpush in general. i kinda like the piano chords though, so it hasnt bothered me all that much.
    12-07-2009 10:02 PM
    Can't the iphone just get REAL PUSH like Blackberry!!!! That has always driven me crazy and always will til they get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As in getting the email on the iPhone seconds after it's delivered to the server? Umm get the 3GS.
    12-07-2009 10:08 PM
    I got a couple emails about that comment. Just by a quick google search I got these results: Google

I wouldn't have bought an iPhone if it was without push email.
    12-08-2009 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD