Where do you put your most-used apps?

AarontheRed

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I get the impression that a lot of people put their favorite and most-used apps at the top left of their home screen. I usually keep mine on the bottom row of my home screen, and I consider the prime spot to be the bottom right corner. This is because of how I hold my phone (which is usually one-handed) - my thumb automatically hovers over that bottom right corner after unlocking. Just wondering if I am weird or if there is anyone else that thinks like I do. Where is your favorite home screen spot?

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Mine are in the 3rd row in the middle. I am a huge spaz about icon placement, that also includes color mixing and matching of app icons (e.g. I hate having two of the same color next to eachother except for in the dock).

Last edited:

tchaves

May 15, 2009
Visit site
First page. This probably bothers a lot of people but some of the stock stuff I just don't use too much. Page-flipping slows me down too much.

Slone

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Mine are Safari and BeeJive. Safari on the top left and BeeJive in the second row to the right, those are the two spots that are easiest for my thumb to get to.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
My most used apps-music, communication, and most visited news apps,are the the first page, organized by type eg a row of news. I have other less used news apps on other pages. I try to keep all of my apps organized by type. My 11th page has room for two more apps.:eek:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Mine aren't scattered, but in Groups/Categories.

All the non essential or rarely used are on the last page (I'm not using categories anymore): Stocks, Weather, Notes, etc..

2nd page has Social/Media
3rd page has News/Utilities
4th page has Cydia and Jailbreak apps
5th-9th have more utilities, games (never play them), photo apps and the useless stuff.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Mine aren't scattered, but in Groups/Categories.

All the non essential or rarely used are on the last page (I'm not using categories anymore): Stocks, Weather, Notes, etc..

2nd page has Social/Media
3rd page has News/Utilities
4th page has Cydia and Jailbreak apps
5th-9th have more utilities, games (never play them), photo apps and the useless stuff.

Sounds similar to me. I also considered categories but it seems like it slows the phone down to use Categories. Did you have that experience?

My first page is all my essential stuff. In my dock I have Phone, SMS, Mail, Safari, iPod. On the actual first page, stuff like my RSS, weather, twitter client, Beejive, pics, camera, etc...

Then on the second page is all the rest of my news stuff, things like fandango and flixster, photoediting and uploading, so yeah social media

3rd page is Jailbreak stuff (backgrounder, fontswap, cydia, icy, etc...)

4th - 6th pages are all games

7th page, random stuff.

WindCharm

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys, I am new here so please be gentle with me..

I place all my frequently used app in the dock and on the first page of my desktop.;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro