Introducing Family Matters - Engage your kids, don't just keep them busy.

wfs2000

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
family_matters.png

My wife came up with the idea for the app and my children helped me develop and test the content. We wanted to find a way to interact with our children whether we were at a restaurant or going for a long drive.

We go tired of the same old "Nothing happened at school today" routine and with this app we discovered a whole world of fun, engaging questions and activities that we mixed with some very deep and probing ones.

app1.jpg

The idea is that the nonsensical questions get the children engaged and feeling like they accomplished something "Find someone in the airport wearing your favorite color" but then there are more probing questions later that really teach us about how they think, feel and get along in life "Have you ever been picked on? What did you do about it"?

In addition to hundreds of questions there are also fun family games. The application is designed around the concept of a venue. So while some activities are general, the majority are specific to the venue which makes it more relevant and engaging. For instance road trips will have travel questions, doctor's office will have health questions, etc.

In future upgrades we will include new activity venues and expand current ones. In fact, if you register at our site you can vote on which one you would like to see next.

This is my first app and I'd love to hear from you with any suggestions. The kids would really appreciate to seeing review on itunes too!

See it in action: Info - Weiner Family Studios
Get it on iTunes: iTunes Store
Visit it our website: www.weinerfamilystudios.com
Follow us on twitter: @weinerfamily

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner