Magellan Roadmate Gps App!

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I understand what you mean. Currently, there is no feature like that in our app but I will be sure to mention it to the Product manager and we can see what we can do to implement that into our future update.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Blades13,

If you have a iPod touch, you will need either the Magellan Car Kit or TomTom
s Car Kit for navigation to work.

As for in-app purchases...dont worry about that as the core features will always be free. everything else is pretty much supplemental.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Blades13,

I'll notify you as soon as I hear more word. We are scheduled for a coming 1.3 update. which you should see in the next few weeks. I haven't been informed of the features of that yet but I will be sure to forward it along as soon as i do.

iphonenow

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
TomTom vs Magellan

Maggie, TomTom's release of their latest version add's new features & upgrades. Any thoughts on when Magellan will release the next version. Many of us have been waiting to buy one or the other to use on the Magellan car kit for iPhone. This board has been very quiet -- has Magellan changed its strategy on updates? Thanks

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Maggie, TomTom's release of their latest version add's new features & upgrades. Any thoughts on when Magellan will release the next version. Many of us have been waiting to buy one or the other to use on the Magellan car kit for iPhone. This board has been very quiet -- has Magellan changed its strategy on updates? Thanks

Sorry can't say, but you can expect new features that alot of you guys have been asking for in the next update :)!!

Blades13

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Maggie,

I got a couple of quick questions. Can i display how many miles are remaining on my route through the app? If so how? Also, can you do route planning, where you plan the route and the app will help you follow it?

Thanks

Jason

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Maggie,

I got a couple of quick questions. Can i display how many miles are remaining on my route through the app? If so how? Also, can you do route planning, where you plan the route and the app will help you follow it?

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, you can display how many miles are remaining on your route. When you are on the map screen, just touch the button where it says "Time." It is located directly opposite of the "OneTouch" button. The button directly opposite from the "OneTouch" button is able to display Time, Speed, Direction, Distance, Time Left (On your route), Arrival Time (ETA), and Elevation. For your second question involving route planning, are you referring to multiple destinations within one route?

-Maggie

Blades13

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Maggie,

Thank you for your response. When I am talking about route planning, i mean that I would like to go a specific route somewhere. I do not want to follow the suggested way the app is telling me. Can I plug in the route I would i would like to take and the app will guide me there. I hope this is clear. Thank you.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Maggie,

Thank you for your response. When I am talking about route planning, i mean that I would like to go a specific route somewhere. I do not want to follow the suggested way the app is telling me. Can I plug in the route I would i would like to take and the app will guide me there. I hope this is clear. Thank you.

Hi Jason,

I am sorry but there isn't a specific route planning feature. :( However, you may choose several different routes according to the user's settings. :)

- Maggie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73