Magellan Roadmate Gps App!

CMeyer2001

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
to Maggie :
i am suppose to get my car cardle next week and am excited , but at the same you kindda put me down now that i heard that i won't be able to hear the calls through the car speakers , cause i have right now an fm transmitter that routes the calls as well as Music and any sound coming from the Iphone to the speakers . i dont know if i understood well or not but are u saying that i wont be able to hear the calls through my car speakers ! please make that clear for me and let me know if there is something that i can buy extra to get that option , thanks...

Caddouch,
I have been playing around with my car kit some, and have found that as long as you are connected to car kit through bluetooth and you are using an aux cable from the cradle, your phone calls will play through your car speakers. It is at a lower volume than what the music plays, so you may have to turn up the volume for calls, but it works.

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Magellan Car Kit

YEAHHH !!, i got my Magellan car kit today , and i used it for just a little bit cause i was busy today , but First impression : IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL !

1- GPS signal : i have an iphone 3GS and i still have few issues getting a signal lock when i start my magellan app , but NOW with the Car kit , i get signal in a matter of 2 seconds and i Mean it ! 2 seconds lock signal with no one single Drop ! on that part , i am extremely satisfied
2- Volume : i never thought that a little speaker can do such an Amazing job . that speaker is so loud u won't even believe it .either on calls or navigation or music , NO Complaints whatsoever !
3- the Design of the kit is super slick , it rotates so easily !
4- i am using the hardest shell case that u can ever imagine to keep my phone safe from damage and i dont even bother with it using my Magellan kit , all i do is PLUG my iphone in the case and Play !

all in all i give this FULL NAVIGATION SYSTEM A+ . GREAT JOB MAGELLAN !

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
YEAHHH !!, i got my Magellan car kit today , and i used it for just a little bit cause i was busy today , but First impression : IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL !

1- GPS signal : i have an iphone 3GS and i still have few issues getting a signal lock when i start my magellan app , but NOW with the Car kit , i get signal in a matter of 2 seconds and i Mean it ! 2 seconds lock signal with no one single Drop ! on that part , i am extremely satisfied
2- Volume : i never thought that a little speaker can do such an Amazing job . that speaker is so loud u won't even believe it .either on calls or navigation or music , NO Complaints whatsoever !
3- the Design of the kit is super slick , it rotates so easily !
4- i am using the hardest shell case that u can ever imagine to keep my phone safe from damage and i dont even bother with it using my Magellan kit , all i do is PLUG my iphone in the case and Play !

all in all i give this FULL NAVIGATION SYSTEM A+ . GREAT JOB MAGELLAN !

Caddouch,

Very awesome! Glad you love it and thanks for posting your feedback. Good stuff!

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Traffic update

to Maggie : i have a little question , is it possible to find out when is the traffic coming up to the Magellan app . i would love to have it on there and after that am all set really! , between , i love that car kit more and more everyday !

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
to Maggie : i have a little question , is it possible to find out when is the traffic coming up to the Magellan app . i would love to have it on there and after that am all set really! , between , i love that car kit more and more everyday !

Caddouch,

Here is a rundown: Update 1.2 should be out very soon. Its going to address and fix some issues users are having with our app. Ie. correcting speed.

Update 2.0 is not too far behind. I spoke with a coworker and confirmed it is ahead of schedule. Please stay patient, it will be worth the wait.

2.0 will have live traffic and many new innovating features that some of the other GPS applications wont have.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your awesome review on iTunes. I greatly appreciate it.

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
LOOKING FORWARD FOR 2.0 Update !

it is all good to hear good news from Magellan! , i cant wait for the 2.0 update and the new Surprises . u got me all excited ,hehe .
regarding my review on Itunes . i wanted to share other Iphone users my true and honest experience with the Solid Magellan Roadmate App and the most outstanding Car Kit ! sometimes ,people need someone to tell them that a Good product exists ,only if you know where and how to look for it ! and i truly found it thanks to Magellan !

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
it is all good to hear good news from Magellan! , i cant wait for the 2.0 update and the new Surprises . u got me all excited ,hehe .
regarding my review on Itunes . i wanted to share other Iphone users my true and honest experience with the Solid Magellan Roadmate App and the most outstanding Car Kit ! sometimes ,people need someone to tell them that a Good product exists ,only if you know where and how to look for it ! and i truly found it thanks to Magellan !

Caddouch,

argh....still waiting on the update approval from Apple....the process is so slow. hopefully, you will see the 1.2 update by the end of this week.

billyhulting

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey Maggie,

When I bought my Roadmate app for iPhone I was told I would get a discount code to purchase the car kit for a discount. It never came. I wrote customer service several times and they never responded. I think the time has expired on it by now. I kind of feel ripped off. Can you please tell me what happened and why customer service never responded? I wrote them weeks ago.

And - if there is still a way for me to get the discount I desere any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

- Billy

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey Maggie,

When I bought my Roadmate app for iPhone I was told I would get a discount code to purchase the car kit for a discount. It never came. I wrote customer service several times and they never responded. I think the time has expired on it by now. I kind of feel ripped off. Can you please tell me what happened and why customer service never responded? I wrote them weeks ago.

And - if there is still a way for me to get the discount I desere any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

- Billy

Hi Billy,

Yes, I can definitely help you. Please PM me your e-mail address and I will contact you directly.

billyhulting

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
PM

Hey Maggie - I cannot PM you because I haven't made enough posts yet.

Can you PM me first or I'll just post it here if I need to.

Thanks for your help!

- Billy

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Woooohoooo! 1.2 is finally live. Go download it now and see how cool Magellan is for killing all those darn bugs!!

Now....get ready kids for 2.0..... we are not that far away from it now.

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
the 1.2 update

the 1.2 update brings the Magellan APP to a high new level , simply beautiful : great interface , outshines all the rest of the navigation Apps out there ! Great job Magellan , and looking forward for 2.0 update !!

Kenpachi

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Used to be a big fan of Inav for use on pocket pc. been trying to figure out how to map things with magellan. Anyone know how to do that? What I mean is, I want to put in an address, that is not my current location, and then map that address. Then put in another address and get directions to that second address, with route list and all. Is that possible with magellan? Kinda like using magellan as you would mapquest online.