just made the switch yesterday from blackberry to iphone, and i miss my favorite app, called Viigo. it gave me sports, news, weather, RSS feeds, traffic, etc. is there something like this for the iphone?
    thanks in advance
    11-13-2009 04:59 PM
    i LOVED viigo!!! and when i made the switch from BB to iPhone, i was saddened to hear viigo was still in a 'we're working on an iPhone app' holding pattern.

for now, you can use apps like NetNewsWire and create a login and then edit your feeds at NewsGator. or there are others like RSSRunner (which i use now) and seems great. if you are looking for push notifications though, i'm not certain which RSS offers this.

but unfortunately, NewNewsWire & RSSReader are news only. sure they do images & whatnot, but no weather, no sports, no traffic, no stocks. man i miss viigo!! it did the work of about 5 apps i now have to use separately. it was definitely a workhorse app for BB.
    11-14-2009 09:41 AM
    so you're telling me, out of the 75,000+ apps that are available for iphone, don't have one similar to one of blackberry's >1000 app store, which is one of its biggest hits??! shame on the iphone! it too was my favorite app. each little thing the iphone does is pushing me back to my blackberry...
    11-14-2009 01:06 PM
    Pocket Express; news, weather, sports scores, horoscopes, movie times, entertainment news, finance, etc.
    11-14-2009 01:35 PM
    so you're telling me, out of the 75,000+ apps that are available for iphone, don't have one similar to one of blackberry's >1000 app store, which is one of its biggest hits??! shame on the iphone! it too was my favorite app. each little thing the iphone does is pushing me back to my blackberry...
    correction; 100,000+ apps
    you must have switched recently. still in BB mode lol.
    "if" that is the case, comparing the two devices is most certainly the wrong approach.
    give it time, you'll be glad you left.
    i've heard good things about pocket express
    11-14-2009 02:14 PM
    Uhh, aren't there like a 100 apps that do that??
    11-14-2009 03:59 PM
    I, too, switched from BB and missed Viigo horribly. I have found that Newsstand does a wonderful job in the place of Viigo.
    11-15-2009 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD