Apple has rejected an app that list contact information of every senator and representative in congress that has an artist drawn caricature of each person along side the information.

How can something be offensive that is done daily in practically every newspaper across the country? All political cartoons have caricatures of some kind.

What's the matter, did Apple's liberal feelings get hurt?

Apple's Rejection of iPhone App Showing Political Caricatures Rankles Creator - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com
    11-13-2009 07:53 AM
    Just because it's done in practically every newspaper doesn't mean that it's not considered offensive to some. Perhaps there are some politicians out there that don't care to have their likeness displayed as a caricature, in an App, newspaper or any other form of media.

By the way, I personally don't have an opinion one way or the other on this. I'm just trying to look at it objectively.
    11-13-2009 12:10 PM
    But is is right for Apple to speak for the politicians? IMO it is not.
    11-13-2009 03:35 PM
    But an app that simulates a drunk trying to pee in a toilet is okay and not offensive?
    11-13-2009 03:58 PM
    But an app that simulates a drunk trying to pee in a toilet is okay and not offensive?
    Exactly. And let us not forget the oh so important farting apps.
    11-13-2009 05:50 PM
    What's the matter, did Apple's liberal feelings get hurt?
    Why would this have anything to do with liberal feelings? Were there only liberal politicians featured?

Anyway, they shouldn't have rejected it.
    11-13-2009 10:07 PM
    Why would this have anything to do with liberal feelings? Were there only liberal politicians featured?

Anyway, they shouldn't have rejected it.
    My comment about their "liberal" feelings had to do with a what was in their reasons for rejecting the app;

Apple's rejection letter for Griggs' app states: "Thank you for submitting Bobble Rep 111th Congress Edition to the App Store. Weve reviewed Bobble Rep 111th Congress Edition and determined that we cannot post this version of your iPhone application to the App Store because it contains content that ridicules public figures."

The e-mail was signed by the "iPhone Developer Program" no name was given and it included an image of Pelosi that it deemed "offensive."
    11-14-2009 03:39 PM
    Oh ok, so just because of Pelosi's image. I still don't think any Apple emp's political affiliation played a role in this. After all, conservative figures were depicted in the same funny way, which would equalize things
    11-14-2009 10:44 PM
    I think the "content that ridicules public figures" is just an occasion, while the genuine reason is concerned with money.
    11-15-2009 12:14 PM
    I'd LIKE to have... Any way for me to get it ? Send it to me in an attachment.. Thanx. I'm with you... Standing shoulder to shoulder... These FREAKS in POWER need to be knocked down a notch or two. THEY WORK FOR US... NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND... The need to be reminded of that... VOTE THEM ALL OUT while we still have that choice...
    11-16-2009 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD